After a year or so of deliberation, and months of moaning... my darkroom is taking shape!!

The shed isn't so big but it's the only place I have for this. I spent an hour plugging the top border with newspaper and covering the windows with bin bags, newspaper then cardboard. Oh, and hanging a bedsheet and a duvet cover across the door too.

Not great, but it's light tight enough for the evening/night work. I'll check tomorrow for how much light gets in during the day.

The Beseler CB7 works great for 4x5, I printed a few images on 10x8 FB paper, but my old paper developer is duff and mixing a bit of Rodinal isn't the best idea!!

Tomorrow I plan on sorting some proper images, and maybe even learning whether the brown safelight filter is adequate for loading/developing 4x5 Ortho. I'm going to have some great fun shooting the two boxes of Kodalith and developing/printing the negs in record time!

My old Rank Aldis 35mm and Gnome 6x7 enlargers are kaput, so unfortunately small format and enlargements over 10x8 isn't possible yet; I need to arrange a date to pick up a whole bunch of darkroom stuff from a friend on another forum. Once I have that then I'll be able to print 35mm/medium-format with ease. I believe it's a colour enlarger so there should be built in filters too.

I can't wait. Soon my darkroom will be up and running properly, I'll be making traditional wet prints on demand (plus catching up with the hundreds of shots I've yet to print), and I'll have a Razzle on the way safe in the knowledge I can develop and print all the test shots from it!!

Watch out, I might just be able to join in on the picture posts!!