OK, this idea is bouncing in my head for some time already and was triggered by THIS post and especially by the contribution #19 by r.e.

Please let me explain.

I have learned many things on this forum, I got answers to my questions and many interesting suggestion and found a lot of interesting links and would like to thank to all the moderatos and whole comunity for that. But one topic that might be very educative especially for beginners (like me ) would be a separate forum dedicated to photo-critique only.
Yes - I know there is a separate "On Photography" forum where one can find many threads oriented only to photo-postings (which I do enjoy a lot) but is differently oriented.

My idea is a little bit different. In the dedicated (let's call it "Critique") forum each thread would be started by a photograher who would submit one photo and would explain both technical (camera film, developement etc) and mental/spritual message he wanted to pass to the viewer. Then - whoever would feel like being able to express an opinion that would help the given photographer to improve his work in thecnical, aesthetic or other way to reply to this thread.

One could of course under such a policy submit a new thread in the "On Photography" forum but I personaly would prefere not to mix these two to keep it more transparent for the users.

Indeed one may imply some restrictions to keep number of posts reasonable - I would just propose that anybody should still only choose photos he consider good or interesting or at least worth improvements - but just can not find the way.

I would be interested to hear your opinions independent on wheter you consider yourself to be more "student" or "teacher".

Two bottom line comments:

- This kind of activity would of course by no means be a substitute for a real life workshop (that I would love to attend one day), but still might prove usefull.

- Yes - I know that there is number of websites where you can submit your photos and get comments or critques - I am also a member of one of them - but that is a no mans land - overloaded with number of submissions and it is very rare to get a valuable comment.

Thank you for your attention