Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Circular Pics

Re: Circular Pics

I would also be interested in what kind of image it would throw on 4x5. You are correct in your assessment of the lens. It is beyond wonderful, wait till you try the 75.

Sam Wang has produced an extensive body of work based on a circular image - and I believe that most of it may have been produced with the same lens (I think onto 5x7 not 4x5). There is some of this work on the BTZS site here: http://www.btzs.org/Gallery/SamWang/

Quote Originally Posted by scrichton View Post
    Gayle's lecturer invited me over and a few pounds later I am the proud owner of a mamiya Super 23 and a bowens flash head....

Now the mamiya has the fabled 50mm 6.3 on it which on 6x9 is simply astounding. What I want to know though has anyone been shooting circular images on 4x5 with it.

Or does anyone plainly shoot circular images. I noticed magnachrome has a fisheye article (although they left the hoods on so they were no 100% circular) which inspired me to think of adapter boards for the sinar or the graflex.

Quote Originally Posted by erie patsellis View Post
    Jason,
    I'm in the middle of building a recessed lensboard for the C1 for the 90f8 SA, how much coverage did you actually get with the angulon?

erie
    I don't recall exactly the size of the circle, but it was about 175mm or so in diameter, it didn't quite fill the 8x10, but produced a nice sized image. I used a 1950s Linhof selected one, which seemed to have a smaller circle than an earlier uncoated model I also had. I got the idea to use this lens from Emmet Gowin.

Alec Soth has been writing about circular pictures this week on his blog, including this post: http://alecsoth.com/blog/2007/07/23/...-helmet-shield which mentions a few--with more noted in the comments too--though they are not all LF.