Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creo IQsmart1 resolution?

Re: Creo IQsmart1 resolution?

Ed, there are some other options in the used market that are attractive. Contact me offline for lots of details and info on IQSmart refurbs from Kodak that can save you several K.

I was looking at one of these flatbeds earlier this year. I got in contact with Kodak, with the question of whether or not the IQ2 was also resolution limited at 4x5 like the IQ1 (it wasn't clear in the IQ2 brochure if it was or not.) The answer was yes, it was limited as well, but to a higher number than the IQ1.

Anyway, what I didn't ask, and have since been wondering, is what is the maximum film size you can scan at max resolution on the Iq1? If you could scan 6x12 at 3200, you could probably quite easily scan 4x5 in 2 sections and stitch (not the best solution, but for low volume use it might justify not paying the extra for the Iq2). I you could only scan 6x7 at 3200 though, it's not really practical to stitch 4 parts together (getting too time intensive for me for a single 4x5 piece of film). For me I'd like a scanner that will allow me to scan my 4x5 and 6x12 film at 3200. I don't shoot any smaller formats, so I don't really need much more resolution than that I wouldn't think.

Like Ed, I've been looking for a step up from my Canon i9950 scanner. Unfortunately, in Australia the used Prepress market is much smaller so locating something is proving to be difficult. I might try contacting Kodak though and see what there refurb prices are like. I've been looking out for either a used Eversmart Pro/Pro II/Supreme, Cezanne or an IQsmart, but have seen basically nothing. (I'm not sure if I'm looking in the right places though)

Tim

Some data sheets are here The IQsmart1 will do 6x6 at 3200 but 4x5 is at 2100 (but apparently a real 2100!)

Andy

i beleive that the one is not an XY.... but i'm not shure !