Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: Getting Excited!!

Re: Getting Excited!!

I was fairly annoyed that I wasted an hour indoors in the warm this morning. It was about 7am and I was exhausted, but there was mist/fog outside and some of the area near my house might have looked nice all moody and diffused... Ah well

Confidently Agnostic!

Quote Originally Posted by William Littman View Post
    Dear Ash
    thousands of words.
    I think it's good business sense to just let something like this die rather than make a big long statement that nobody is going to read.

You know what they say about bad press being better than no press... but that's only if you keep your nose clean and stay out of it

Quote Originally Posted by walter23 View Post
    I think it's good business sense to just let something like this die rather than make a big long statement that nobody is going to read.

You know what they say about bad press being better than no press... but that's only if you keep your nose clean and stay out of it
    Thanks for your words of wisdom Walter, oh and the link you so kindly posted.

I was very interested in buying a converted Polaroid camera, and had seen his (Littmans) website, but coming across various postings here and on other forums I realised that the Littman site is all hype and half truths. People have been converting Polaroid cameras to take 5x4 for years, his claims are tantamount to someone today saying they've just invented the wheel.

I'll keep my options open, Dean Jones it seems does an excellent conversion and there are others doing similar in the US.

Ian

Episode 20

Ian definitely keep your options open. You may find someone closer to home with a price that suits you.

Here's my test shot. It is of course cropped. This was last night, not the most flattering of shots, we both have bed hair having had a nap shortly before (yes, JUST a nap!)

Expired FP4+ at 1/60 f/11 with studio flash, in Suprol 1:20 for 3mins. For reasons of the Litterary challenged not understanding copyright, I have unfortunately watermarked this image in an unsightly form

Hi Ash,

I've been following your camera being built since July and find the detailed step by step reports by Dean most reasuring, fun and even exciting to follow with you. I saw your orginal photographs of your great favorite model and now the B&W from the Razzle! I guess she can finally get dressed!

I'm impressed with the care an open attitude that dean has demonstrated. This more than any arguments demonstrates character.

I'd love you to report how the camera works for you as the Razzle 900 is feature rich with front movements.

Enjoy your camera and the girl for sure is a keeper!

Asher

Big Bend

Well congrats Ash, enjoy that Razzle.

I have to tell you though, I now have a new obsession. No it's not a Razzle 4x5, nor is it MJ, it's an Obsession 617! I think I have to have one for this SA 90 F8 that I rarely mount on 4x5!

Forks

Hi Asher, thanks for your comments.

Hi Joe, how is the Obsession?

I'll try to get a report on the camera together once I have a chance to go out and shoot with it properly, even if it's a couple shots around near my home.

Hopefully that will be tomorrow

Do you two ever keep your clothes on?

If it's cold MJ wears PJ's

Bid Farewell

It is with much sorrow to learn that I am to be banned from making future postings.....I figure all those who have shared in Ash's excitement will know exactly why

Cheers to all, Dean Jones.