Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: foto3/VC Conference - merged thread

Re: View Camera Confrence 2008

The conference will be based at the Hilton in Ft. Collins but we will have activities all over town - exhibits, workshops, etc. We did this in Louisville and it was very successful.

Enrollment fees are to be determined. The Hilton will give us a special rate for the rooms but there will be plenty of other choices as well.

There will be both general sessions relating to darkroom work - print masking for example, as well as special activities for large format photographers. We will do a photo contest and try and develop a venue for the winners to be displayed. Any large format winners will be published in View Camera (to do this we will ask for one-time editorial rights).

We are excited about the synergy of this event and are looking forward to it.

steve simmons

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Watson View Post
    I very carefully didn't mention anyone by name. I'm not talking about individuals, I'm talking about the groups called APUG and Silver. APUG has clearly stated that their reason for being is to support analog photography. Silver has clearly stated that their reason for being is to support silver halide photography. Membership in said groups implies support for said groups' aims and objectives.
    I've criticized Silver every year for only including B&W photography - I'm strickly a color photographer.

I attended the first APUG conference, and there were times I felt like I was in left field, being the only color photographer there (almost all of the workshops were B&W related). In fact, my prints were probably the only color prints exhibited, and there wasn't a single complaint about them. I don't regret going, and I did my best to help Bob and crew anyway that I could.

I have no qualms about attending this upcoming event either.

Quote Originally Posted by steve simmons View Post
    We are excited about the synergy of this event and are looking forward to it.

steve simmons
    Thanks Steve. I'm looking forward to attending.

Not being associated with any of the organizers, I have no way of knowing what the conference program might contain. My guess, however, is that each group will have program content that will be of interest to their respective followings - much like parallel tracks in other conference programs - something for everyone.

From a logistics and trade-show perspective, however, the combined effort makes all kinds of sense, as most of the manufacturers and vendors have feet in multiple realms. Thus, I congratulate all three organizers on getting beyond the usual proprietary mindset.

We will begin working on the details next week and will announce them as soon as we can. A conference of this magnitude takes a lot of planning and balancing and we are always open to suggestions.

thanks

steve simmons

"Why should I go to a daguerrotype conference? Everyone knows wet plate colloidon is where it's at, I mean really..."
    - Matthew Brady

Here is the location of the Hilton in Ft, Collins

http://www.hiltonfortcollins.com/maps.aspx

but, as I said, there wil be activities al over town.

If you have suggestions please make them

thanks

steve simmons
    www.viewcamera.com

Cool...this is most convenient for me! Can't wait!
    Christopher J May
    West Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by clay harmon View Post
    There should be a whole lot fewer non-digital flat-earthers next year than there are right now!
    Cool, I'm finally part of a demographic! Do I get a T-shirt or cap or something?

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.

The phone for the Hilton in Ft. Collins is 970-482-2626. Tell them you are registering for the View Camera conferrence June 6-8, 2008.

steve simmons