Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hooked

Re: Hooked

"I've seen these - I do have some doubts about the ability of the Tachi to maintain stability with that sort of additional load at full extension. It's pretty. It's light. But it's not exactly the most rigid piece of equipment I've ever owned, if you know what I mean."

I've owned two Tachiharas. I've never used a top-hat but on one I used a 400mm Fuji telephoto lens that was pretty long and heavy and required virtually full bellows extension. I didn't have a stability problem with it.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Steve Gombosi

Thanks, Brian, that's good to know. How much draw do you need to focus the 400 tele at infinity? How close could you focus at full extension?

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ellis View Post
    "I've seen these - I do have some doubts about the ability of the Tachi to maintain stability with that sort of additional load at full extension. It's pretty. It's light. But it's not exactly the most rigid piece of equipment I've ever owned, if you know what I mean."

I've owned two Tachiharas. I've never used a top-hat but on one I used a 400mm Fuji telephoto lens that was pretty long and heavy and required virtually full bellows extension. I didn't have a stability problem with it.

Steve,

Where in Colorado are you located? I had to pass up a trip to Mt. Evans tomorrow that is being organized (more or less) by the Denver folks.

I am in Pagosa Springs and and do 4x5 and 8x10 as well as some of the smaller cameras and I do all of my darkroom work except E-6.

We have several 4x5 shooters in the Durango and Mancos areas as well. If you are near these parts, perhaps we can have a little get-together. Otherwise we can maybe meet some time up Denver way.

It is good to know that there are more LF people in Colorado.
    al

Steve Gombosi

I'm in Boulder.

So how large (no pun intended) is the Denver group?

Steve
    Quote Originally Posted by al olson View Post
    Steve,

Where in Colorado are you located? I had to pass up a trip to Mt. Evans tomorrow that is being organized (more or less) by the Denver folks.

I am in Pagosa Springs and and do 4x5 and 8x10 as well as some of the smaller cameras and I do all of my darkroom work except E-6.

We have several 4x5 shooters in the Durango and Mancos areas as well. If you are near these parts, perhaps we can have a little get-together. Otherwise we can maybe meet some time up Denver way.

It is good to know that there are more LF people in Colorado.

I don't think there is a formal group, but by counting names in the Colorado Get Together thread in Announcements, it looks like there are at least 6 who shoot in the Denver area.

Perhaps there will be some future get-togethers.
    al

I can always get more swings on my Tachihara 45GF by turning it on its side. That way the tilts become swings and the swings become tilts.
    Photography:first utterance. Sir John Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society. "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..".