Thread: Bernd Becher

Bernd Becher

The newspaper report that the German photographer Bernd Becher died at the age of 75 due to a hospital surgery. He and his wife Hilla brought a different gaze into photography - their body of work on industrial structures is simply unique and mindblowing. The variations on so seemingly alike structures was also intended to propose a multitude of views on photography (and art) and to deny that there is a simple solution on how to show things.

Re: Bernd Becher

Becher (with Hilla) was obviously quite significant influence of contemporary photography
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog

Jedi Knight

Wow...he and Hilla were one of my major influences, in fact, today I started a series totally based on them. Heaven is getting flooded by good photographers.

R.I.P.

Quote Originally Posted by Dvenosa View Post
    Wow...he and Hilla were one of my major influences, in fact, today I started a series totally based on them. Heaven is getting flooded by good photographers.

R.I.P.
    wonder what the "Angel Typologies" will look like...
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog