Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bye, bye, Adorama

Re: Bye, bye, Adorama

I bought HP Combiplan tank from them. When it arrived one part was missing. I called customer service only to be told that if I want this part I can call HP Marketing, which is the US distributor for Combiplan tanks. It was some two years ago, since then they did not get any panny from me and will not.
    As to the film I usually get it from Freestyle. I think we should support companies like Freestyle.

Jan

I used them just once, for an SL66 lens. It was not HFT as advertised. It was internally fogged as not mentioned in the ad. It was sold with caps that did not come. They promised caps then didn't send them and when I called back to ask about that (I'd seen options for other lenses with caps, so they had some) they promised to send the caps but then stopped responding when I asked why I still didn't have the caps. And to top it all off they spammed me after this experience. No thanks.

FWIW, Badger Graphic (for Kodak & Ilford) and Freestyle (for Arista/Foma-oid & Efke) are getting all my sheet film business these days. You can expect excellent customer service from both!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

I've had nothing but bad experiences with Adorama when it comes to online or phone orders. First you can not place any trust in them when they state either on the phone or web site that an item is "in stock", they will take your money and then tell you after a few days that it is back ordered. This happened to me twice with them on time sensitive items and it really screwed me up.

B&H on the other is fantastic at updating their web site. I bought their last 360mm Nikkor tele-ED, and when I went to the store to pick it up, once I rang up the order with the salesman, they changed their web site instantly to "out of Stock".

Thanks for the info guys. They have recently stuck a lot of overpriced Hasselblad gear on UK eBay – now I've got even more reasons to give it a miss!

Quote Originally Posted by John Kasaian View Post
    FWIW, Badger Graphic (for Kodak & Ilford) and Freestyle (for Arista/Foma-oid & Efke) are getting all my sheet film business these days. You can expect excellent customer service from both!
    Freestyle rocks. I hope they'll stay around for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan_6568 View Post
    When it arrived one part was missing. I called customer service only to be told that if I want this part I can call HP Marketing, which is the US distributor for Combiplan tanks.
    Jan
    Jan,

We, HP MArketing Corp., are the manufacturer of the CombiPlan T system. What part was missing? We very rarely get a report of a missing part. But we did list blue washers on the instruction sheet as being included when they are not even available any longer. Hope you were not referring to them.

However if a part was missing that would be the fault of the factory in Sweden, BiWex - the same factory that makes most of the Gepe mounts - not the fault of a store that sold it.

From the way your post was worded I assume that you had purchased a new, in the box, unit not a used or demo one.

Quote Originally Posted by sparq View Post
    Freestyle rocks. I hope they'll stay around for a while.
    I agree, but their website is terrible.

Freestyle is wonderful. They recently took back a batch of paper I had problems with, gave a full refund on even a half-used box, tested it and let me know their findings. They even sent UPS to pick it up from my front door! They'll always be my first stop. If only they sold more LF gear. For that I always use MPEX or KEH.

MPEX is most often the first place I'll check when I'm looking for used gear!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White