Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Photography or the Thought of Photography

Re: Photography or the Thought of Photography

rakesh your fractals are beautiful, what software do you use? I have been quite addicted to the chaosscope, but it not so good for certain formulas

Scrichton: to this I say AMEN:
    [John not an illness, just something to occupy time with. I have to admit my peers spend their money on alcohol and boats .. pets (getting to about the right age for that to start) Plus the rest are doing the kid thing. I like cameras I like how they operate, they genuinely interest me. Since standing in physics watching a beam split I knew I was hooked on light. Plus I was hooked on how to capture it.]

I believe its all there for all of us, for every camera and lens record time in a different way as you have deminstrated , and there lies the fun for me:
    although I am not a heavy collector but do have few , all of which would not add up more than 10 cameras:
    so enjoy your self with your thing that makes you happy and if It does not harm anyone at all, More power to you\\\Lauren
    Last edited by seawolf66; 7-Jun-2007 at 09:19. Reason: english

Quote Originally Posted by scrichton View Post
    rakesh your fractals are beautiful, what software do you use? I have been quite addicted to the chaosscope, but it not so good for certain formulas
    Thanks! I used Apophysis.

argh no mac version Oh well looks like I'll be spending a few night with the source code re-compiling Looks worth it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh Malik View Post
    So you're saying that in order to take different pictures, you have to change cameras?

Yes & No. At the end of the day though the least important thing in photography is the camera. The most important thing with an image is the image. The message. That's what ultimately makes a photo different. But different cameras give you different ways of shooting. Different films give you a different look. Different lenses give you a completely different look from the other. That can be inspiring. THat can lead you down another path of enjoyment. Sure you change that in photoshop but...I don't like it.

Your pictures are always going to be YOUR pictures. Your style is always going to be your style, and I don't think it changes that much over the years. Refine, yes. change, to a degree - but only as you get more in touch of your self as an artist. You become more you.

It's different tools for different things.

I will use either of these for a different look, a different feel and a different inspiration.

35mm film, 35mm digital, polaroid (sx70, packfilm cameras, bigshot, home made there's differences in each), Holga, Diana, Pinhole, M1 Leica, medium format film (we all know the differences in hass and rz, not only in the look but also in the act of shooting), medium format digital, and of corse my preference LF.

Each one makes a different result, each one feels different to use. There's a big diff in handholding a 110 polaroid conversion and putting a Deardorff on a fucking great big Tripod....ya know?

Changing your tool is liberating your creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by scrichton View Post
    argh no mac version Oh well looks like I'll be spending a few night with the source code re-compiling Looks worth it though.
    If you have Parallels or something like that, you might not have to recompile it.

I think there were some folks working on a mac port at one point, but I haven't been keeping up with news on that front.

Quote Originally Posted by J Peterson View Post
    Changing your tool is liberating your creativity.
    I'm pretty much on the fence on this sone, because I know a few very good photographer who have only one camera. Even most of the ones who have more than one camera only have one format, though. It seems like us multi-format folks are the oddballs

I do, however, have more than one camera... but I like to challenge myself by trying different types of shots with the same camera.

i now have a good "collection fo cameras" but i use them all therfroe i am a photgrapher not a collector, the only camera i dont use it the bellows kodak viewfinder i bought for a £1 but i cant get the other 620 real, i've also had 2 rangefinder 35mm die on me recently at uni. overall i think i have

3 slr
    1 tlr
    3 rangefinder (1 works)
    1 35mm viewfinder
    1 6x7 620 viewfinder
    1 5x4
    1 digi
    3 polaroid
    1 6x6 pinhole

i cant think of any others, i sometimes use my dads contax G2 as well

Quote Originally Posted by Rakesh Malik View Post
    I'm pretty much on the fence on this sone, because I know a few very good photographer who have only one camera. Even most of the ones who have more than one camera only have one format, though.
    If that's their thing then so be it. It really doesn't matter what others do. Do what is right for you.