Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Artixscan 2500F

Re: Artixscan 2500F

Is this the one that was on ebay recently. It got pulled early. Good catch.

Bob

Doug Dolde

I never could get it working on my machine (PC) although the person I bought it from told me she had it running fine on her Mac G4 recently without a hitch. Consequently, I have listed it on Ebay but with no guarantees. However the perfect set of five filmholders alone are worth the starting price.

sent you a PM,

bob

you should test it on a mac G4... if it works, buy you a G4 tower !

I echo Oren Grad's comment. I have a Microtek i900 and the software will not recognize that the scanner is there until its been on and gone through its warm up for several minutes. Sometimes I have to reboot the Mac to make it work. It always works eventually though.

Hope this helps.

Geoff Morgan

Not sure if this is related byt my SCSI scanner is not recognized until I right-click on "My Computer" icon, select "Properties", then "Hardware" tab, press "Device Manager" button and then right-click on the top item in the tree (it's the computer icon with your computer name) and select "Scan for hardware changes". It takes few seconds and then the scanner icon becomes visible under Control Panel -> Scanners and Cameras. Then Silverfast and other scanning software will be able to communicate with scanner.
    Needless to say, I hate Windows...

Unfortunately, I bought this item on EBay from Doug Dolde before seeing this thread. He represented this item as "untested" in the auction, which is a total falsehood. I would think that the people on this board are honest and ethical, but apparently we've been polluted by swindlers. I made an effort to contact the seller, but he has not responded.

The scanner should arrive this weekend, and if it does not work, I'll provide a complete fraud report concerning this seller on both this board and other forums that Dolde appears on. Needless to say, both PayPal buyer protection and my credit card company will be involved.

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Dolde View Post
    I never could get it working on my machine (PC) although the person I bought it from told me she had it running fine on her Mac G4 recently without a hitch. Consequently, I have listed it on Ebay but with no guarantees. However the perfect set of five filmholders alone are worth the starting price.

Whoa, hold on a sec!

Don't you think it's a bit premature to talk about fraud, swindling, honesty and disputes with PayPal and Credit Cart and what not before you even receive the goods in question?

How long has it been since you contacted Doug and he "has not responded"? A day? Two days?

And how exactly do you perceive the word "untested" if you call this "a falsehood"?
    "Untested" means just that - that the item in question was not tested. Nothing more and nothing less. It may work or it may not. The way I read this, he received it from somebody for whom the scanner worked just fine and what he is saying here is that he can't make his computer see the scanner and that he could not test it because of it. Hence "untested".

Did you even consider waiting until the scanner arrives and you actually test it and then maybe giving the seller a few days (like two or even three, maybe) to respond before you start throwing big words around in public?

And before you fire off a few more choice words, I don't know Doug other than through this board where we've had more fights than we agreed on something. I am not saying that either of you is right of wrong. What I am saying is to hold your horses until you try out the equipment you just bought (after careful thinking, I assume)... Then try to contact the seller if you have problems/questions and give him a couple of days to respond. And only THEN start complaining if you think you should.

Not just or not even primarily for his sake, but to be taken seriously yourself when you do.

Marko,

"Untested" usually means someone gets a lot of equipment from a studio closure or business bankruptcy and does not have the means to test it. This is clearly not the case here. The seller repeatedly tried to get this item to work and failed to get it to work. He then put it up on Ebay as untested. I have a real problem with that. I believe it is dishonest.

Larry

I also had an in depth email back and forth with Doug before the auction making arrangements that he would ship to Canada if I won the auction - which was agreed to - then I was blocked from bidding... which didn't seem exactly kosher
    You'd be amazed how small the demand is for pictures of trees... - Fred Astaire to Audrey Hepburn

www.photo-muse.blogspot.com blog