Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linhof SuperTechnika V 13x18/5x7 questions

Linhof SuperTechnika V 13x18/5x7 questions

I have a nice Linhof SuperTechnika V 13x18/5x7 from 1966 and I'm wondering if the Infinity Stops for the actual Master Technika can be used on my camera. I would use a pair to use properly my 300 mm lens along the 210 mm that came originally with the camera.

Another question: can I use a 90 mm lens with a lens flange of 97 mm (te Nikkor-SW 90 mm f/8,0) be used in the internal wide-angle lens bed?

Re: Linhof SuperTechnika V 13x18/5x7 questions

Yes, the stops are the same. But why not just contact a Linhof service center and get a pair of stops?

Yes to the 90mm. But not sure that the f8 fully covers and you will need a center filter except Nikon never made them.

Thanks for your kindly reply Bob. I'll get the inifinty stops for the 300 mm.

Linhof service centers in Spain? There is one listed in Barcelona, but you need to purchase everything that you need to fit. Infinity stops, focusing screen, fresnel lens should be purchased before you go there.

The 90/8 SW Nikkor has 235 mm at f/22 enough for some movements, and a center filter it's on my list, I'll adapt some from Rodenstock or Schneider

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    Yes, the stops are the same. But why not just contact a Linhof service center and get a pair of stops?

Yes to the 90mm. But not sure that the f8 fully covers and you will need a center filter except Nikon never made them.
    The Nikkor 90/8 will cover 5x7 with little movements 21mm/16mm, but a center filter is mandatory due to heavy fall off light. Nikon does not make any center filter but Rodenstock 67/86, Heliopan 67 or Schneider III center filters will work. When I had this lens I used the Heliopan center filter and worked well, but in 5x7, a bit of fall off remained with center filter, not a serious problem for me.

I have used a Rodenstock center filter that was made for Grandagon 75mm 4,5 and 90 mm 6,8 on my 90 mm Nikkor SW 90 mm 8 with good results !

I'll try to locate one of those filters.

understand that anyone made for a 67 mm thread and with 86 mm on the outer end will go, but I does'nt understand the differences between Schneider III fllters (specially between B and C)

Quote Originally Posted by Delfi_r View Post
    I'll try to locate one of those filters.

understand that anyone made for a 67 mm thread and with 86 mm on the outer end will go, but I does'nt understand the differences between Schneider III fllters (specially between B and C)
    Similar to the two different 67mm Rodenstock Center Filters. In Rodenstock's case one is for the 110° coverage Apo-Grandagon 35mm, 45mm and 55mm lenses. The other is for the longer 75 and 90mm (6.8 90) lenes. They have different center densities and different exposure factors and perform properly only when used on the lenses they were designed for. For a 90mm Nikon you would use the same one as for a 90mm 6.8 Grandagon-N.

Only one thing to do and it isn't very expensive- take a couple of shots!

Take one straight on- all movements neutral. Rise, tilt or shift on the second sheet so you can see what it can do.

Develop and print and see what you have. Never know, you might like how it looks and how it covers. You might or might not need the center filter. Or you don't like it and you can make a change to try to make it something you like better.

But take those shots!

Thanks for the advice. 90 mm on 5x7 it's a 105º coverage, and I have made photos with it and I'm pleased with the results.

The question is if there is enough space on the interior rail to properly focus the lens. And perhaps in other situatios the use of a center filter is more clearly needed. In color sure.

Nice shot! If there had not been the modern gear on the table, it would have been hard to know if it was recent or very old. Black and white does such a nice job in situations like this.