Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wista 45VX help?

Re: Wista 45VX help?

I don't have the instructions, but I don't see how that little lever has anything to do with removing the back.

To remove the back, you do rotate it to 45 degrees, but then you slide out the metal pieces in each corner and the back comes off.

After removing the back, I can't see that little lever doing anything at all. From this thread I thought it was supposed to be a release to allow the back to rotate. I'm starting to think it's just for decoration. If I get a good answer from marflex I'll post it here.

Regardless of the mystery lever, I'm loving the camera so far.

Noah,

The instruction I have is courtesy of Mr. Butkus: http://www.cameramanuals.org/prof_pd...a_45_sp_vx.pdf

I neglected to mention I am an LF amature. However, I do enjoy my Wista VX very much and am happy to discover someone else using the same camera. I hope we can share tips/techniques in the future.

All the best.

HN

Quote Originally Posted by Hung Nguyen View Post
    Noah,

The instruction I have is courtesy of Mr. Butkus: http://www.cameramanuals.org/prof_pd...a_45_sp_vx.pdf

I neglected to mention I am an LF amature. However, I do enjoy my Wista VX very much and am happy to discover someone else using the same camera. I hope we can share tips/techniques in the future.

All the best.

HN
    The instruction books we have are direct from the Wista factory since we are the importer/distributor for Wista for the USA. We have no idea who Mr. Butkus is. Is he the Wista factory representative in the UK like we are in the USA?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    The instruction books we have are direct from the Wista factory since we are the importer/distributor for Wista for the USA. We have no idea who Mr. Butkus is. Is he the Wista factory representative in the UK like we are in the USA?
    Teamwork have been the Wista distributor in the UK for many years, they do the servicing/repairs.

The Butkus website is just a resource (US based) for older camera manuals, useful because the manufacturers make little or nothing available for owners of used cameras.

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by IanG View Post
    Teamwork have been the Wista distributor in the UK for many years, they do the servicing/repairs.

The Butkus website is just a resource (US based) for older camera manuals, useful because the manufacturers make little or nothing available for owners of used cameras.

Ian
    That is why we stock the Wista accessories and the instruction books in the USA and have done so ever since Norbert Kleber decided to retire as the Wista distributor prior to us in the USA. There are lots of items available for Wista in the USA. many of the more esoteric accessories are even sold on our factory store on our web site.