In the area you indicate most of the really good stuff lies between Gold Beach and Brookings IMO and in particular I'd be looking at the area just north of where the Pistol River enters the sea. Also go to Harris Beach and Whalehead Beach. In general a policy of taking all the (few) side-roads and parking lots and exploring works there.

South of Brookings? Well I've twice travelled in from California and haven't photographed much between say Trinidad/Eureka and Brookings and mostly I've looked at trees in the wrong seasons under bright sunlight and passed on by. What I would say though is that if you have more than say three days you could do a lot worse than pick up the suggestions for Bandon where if you like beaches and stacks you could easily spend a day or two without leaving town- though the Bullards Beach area which brings you out on the opposite bank of the Coquille River and the old light is productive too. Personally I find Shore Acres/Cape Arago overrated, but everyone goes and most people seem to like it.

Staying. In Bandon there is the odd property directly overlooking the stacks and of these I like the Sunset Inn (Vern Brown addition) which has direct views onto the stacks and steps down to the beach. Further South I'd prefer Brookings to Gold Beach not least because there's a Best Western right on a drift-woody beach at Brookings Harbour which has an OK restaurant across the road that stays open late enough to eat after evening pictures.

I'd buy "Oregon Coastal Access" by Kenn Oberrecht and published by OSU.