Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 4th issue finally out -- come and get it

4th issue finally out -- come and get it

Wow. The 4th issue is finally "in the can" and is available to download for free from our website www.magnachrom.com. Time for me to take a day off (or two) and then start the 5th issue.

Anyway, we have really been listening to your your ideas over the past few months. And as a result, this issue has been totally re-designed in order to allow us to better provide MAGNAchrom in alternate media in the future (such as CD-ROM, print-on-demand, etc). We have lots more planned in the near future and only need your continued support.

Featured in this issue:

SOAPBOX: A Brotherhood of Photographers
    HOT MODS: MP4 with Technika-style lensboards
    4-SQUARE: Tim Myers
    STUDENT WORK: The Royal College of Art
    REVIEW: Shen-Hao HZX 45IIA
    CENTERFOLD: Mike Stacey
    FEATURE: Sandy King: Carbon Prints
    CUSTOMIZE: A Homebrew 6x17 Camera
    INTERVIEW: Robert Kresa
    NEWS: New Stuff
    COLLECTIBLES: Rolleiflex TLR
    PROJECT: Working Class
    PARTING SHOT: Guggenheim, Bilbao

We hope you enjoy the new "look" of MAGNAchrom -- please let us know if you like the new direction we are taking. Again, we REALLY value your feedback -- keep it coming! MAGNAchrom is a labor of love.

P.S. the next issue, the 5th, is all about night photography and we still have some "room" for a few additional supporting articles -- please feel free to pmail me at editor "at" magnachrom "dot" com and I'll try to fit your work in.

P.P.S the following issue, the 6th, is all about hybrid photography -- probably our most ambitious issue yet. Any of you who are comfortable mixing analog and digital processes should REALLY consider contributing to this issue. Pmail me as above.

Re: 4th issue finally out -- come and get it

Oh, technical glitch: the 4th issue is currently listed on the BOTTOM of the downloads page instead of the top. So be sure to scroll down. Sorry!

Hello Michael, I tried downloading issue #4 several times this morning but got an "error in the file" message when opening with acrobat writer 5.0. I haven't had any problems with the previous issues... any ideas?

Unhappy Re: 4th issue finally out -- come and get it

For those of us who struggle along with a standard format monitor, and a printer which does not accept 11" wide paper, the new format is a PIA.
    It is so difficult to attempt to read it, I will just forget about it.

Only comment is the new document width is perhaps a bit much... I have an older monitor but still 1600 pixels wide and I can only get to 94% at full-screen. I have to scroll if I want to view at 100% inside the Acrobat window and of course even at 94% the images and text are somewhat pixelated...
    Jack Flesher

www.getdpi.com

Second the download problem, I have tried a couple of times and it tells me "error" at about 7mb. any ideas?

cheers

Gari

What a great issue! Sandy`s carbon prints looks great, the Rolleiflex article perfectly timed(I bought a Rolleiflex yesterday), and that 23 year old Polish kid, what a great eye! Too bad he can`t find an 8x10 in Poland...
    Amund

worked fine for me. the scrolling is a drag though. beyond that excellent issue.
    Eric Rose
    www.ericrose.com

I don't play the piano, I don't have a beard and I listen to AC/DC in the darkroom. I have no hope as a photographer.

I have tried to download the file three times and after 4 megs it stops.

I keep getting errors.

Is there another source of download?

I got a PDF error after downloading it yesterday. I might give it another go now and see what happens as some people appear to have got usable copies.