Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Shen Hao 8X10

Re: Shen Hao 8X10

Thanks Jack.

Seems nobody has bought a reducing back?

My money is flying to China at the moment. With luck it won't take too long for the turn around.

Okay a few things.

The sinar type recessed board I got with the camera sort of fits. You need to back off the lower lensboard retaining bar to slip it in. Then tighten. Be careful to not lose the screws. OTOH it's not needed very much. Still annoying.

It sure feels light to the hand.

I haven't had a chance to figure out how to remove the 5x7 graflok panel to insert the roll film holder.

Shipping from the factory was very quick. FedEx the big hold up.

I haven't had much time but wanted to add a couple of things.

With the bag bellows and the front standard moved to the rear position the distance from the ground glass to the lens board is less then 70mm I didn't measure too carefully because I doubt anybody will be buying me a 65mm lens that covers 8x10

With the normal bellows and no lensboard but including the Sinar reducing board mine weighed in at 3.91kg. That's 500 grams less then the factory claims

I like the case that came with it better then the case that came with my 5x7. It's still too small to hold EVERYTHING. But it's big enough to hold the camera and either one reducing back or the bag bellows.

I couldn't fold it with the bag bellows on. Swapping bellows takes a bit of patiences. My 5x7 is quicker and I can do it almost blind folded. With the FCL I almost need to take a deep breath . It's not hard or complicated but not the sort of thing I'd want to do with a stop watch on me.

Can anyone tell me what the address for contacting the factory and ordering is?

Quote Originally Posted by Turner Reich View Post
    Can anyone tell me what the address for contacting the factory and ordering is?

zhangfmli@vip.sina.com
    Amund

I'm bumping this thread, as I have one of these cameras on its way from Badger. I'll post pictures when it gets here.

Its here!
    Pictures to follow. Right off the bat I am glad to have seen the correct way to fold the camera.

I notice there are now only 3, instead of 4 holes for the front standard.
    Fit and finish are much better than I expected. I thought it was going to be a 'cheap Chinese camera' for beating around in the field. I was wrong it is a fantastic, well crafted machine. Very good looking and lighter than I was anticipating. No quality control issues.
    Nice groundglass with a silk screened grid.

FWIW, I own (fcl 8x10), one and really like it...had other 8x10's...just depends on your style of shooting...I think it is one of the better ones out there for sure. Each has its pros and cons, but i think for the money this is clearly one of the best choices. I carry it around in an arca discovery bag...I think the overall set up of this camera is light and has nice movements.

It came with a "0" lensboard so I enlarged this to a "3" and got my 300mm lens on there. I put the hole low in the board to try and get the optical axis near the front tilt axis. All looks and works excellent. Hope to go shooting tomorrow.