Hi,
I have just entered the world of large format. I bought a Sinar p with some accesories incl. Sekonic 758 D. I was never using a lightmeter so am a little confused with many functions, buttons and values on display. I want to ask you what is your workflow with this kind of meter? I take mostly landscape pictures, the rest architecture. Everything on B&W.

- First I measure dynamic range of the scene in EV.
- Then I measure EV value in shadows (zone III) a save it to memory.
- Next I measure the highlight value (zone VII) and save it.
- At the end I measure midtones (zone V) and save it.

I can then change shutter speed value with the jog dial to move the mark of measured zone III value on analogue scale to get it somewhere under 16 (because I want to use aperture 22-32).
I recall zone III value from memory and push ISO 2 button (set to 2 EV higher) to see the shutter speed (numeric value) and corresponding aperture (analogue scale). This step I could certainly skip and do it just in my head.

My problem is when I recal measured zone III value from memory and want to see shutter speed and aperture value both in digital display I should switch from EV mode either to Av or Tv mode. But when I want to do it, it jumps back to the last measured value (zone V).
I also think my workflow is quite complitated and I believe you have some easier way how to get the right exposure for the shadows.
Thank you