Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jim Andracki

Re: Jim Andracki

I agree: one of the best and most trustworthy individuals in any venue, not just photography.

Mike

IMHO jim is hands-down the finest dealer working today. his prices are rarely beaten, he nearly always underrates his used gear, he stands behind every piece of gear he sells, he's VERY knowledgeable in what he sells, and he really will do whatever it takes to satisfy his customers. plus, he's just one of the nicest guys you'll ever meet. he also has an uncanny ability to find clean, used gear... it seldom takes him longer than a week to find me something i'm looking for.

I've been cheating on my 8x10 lately with a Mamiya 7 that he said was 8+. There's not a smudge or mark on it that would have prevented a less reputable dealer from putting it into a box and calling it new. Most dealers would have rated it as Mint.
    Michael W. Graves
    Michael's Pub

If it ain't broke....don't fix it!

Yong-ran Zhu

I agree that he is very honest and very kind person. I can say he is eveybody's good friend because he always tries his best to help people, not just the business. You can trust him 100%.
    Yong-ran Zhu

Nothing but good things to say about Jim. He helped me out of a tough situtation.

I agree with all of the above. I have worked with Jim on many transactions and he is as good as they come. Midwest is always my first choice when shopping for gear.

Yep....sounds like Jim is up to his old tricks again....
    Notoriously customer oriented. A dinosaur, of sorts. I've always liked dinosaurs...

Dinosaurs--nice to know they all aren't extinct. What can I say that hasn't already been said. He's a good and honest man, through and through.

I too have made several purchases from Jim. In my opinion he is the best.

Abel

Dave Karp

I like Jim. I like to buy things from Jim. He is also a fair customer if you want to sell things to him.

He is honest and has all the integrity you would want in someone who is selling things that you want. It is not often that you find someone who will talk you out of buying a fairly expensive item that he has for sale. Jim has done that to me at least twice. The first time, he talked me out of buying a 4x5 field camera he had for sale. After asking me about my photo habits, the lenses I use most, and other things, he convinced me that I did not want what I thought I wanted. Turns out he was right. I ended up buying a Walker Titan from him (much later), and it is exactly what I wanted. I love it. He predicted I would.

More recently, I called to buy an 8x10 from him. After a fairly long talk (when he could have been selling something to someone else), he talked me out of it. He recommended that I scan my 4x5 negatives and start printing digitally, for a variety of reasons not pertinent here. Again, no sale.

Of course, I have purchased a camera, accessories, lenses, and other items from Jim, and will continue to do so. Many, if not most other sellers of items would have just sold me what I asked for. Jim took the extra time, gave good advice, and as a result of this and the quality of his goods, he has a permanent customer here.

Plus, I always enjoy talking to him. And if I can't convince myself to like the digital stuff, he is going to sell me an 8x10 and some holders.