The local custom lab that processes b&w and transparency films has announced they're not processing b&w and will stop transparency film later this year when they move. That leaves two choice, 2 Seattle labs, one-plus hour drive on a good day, and at home. The last time I processed film was about 30 years ago (35mm) and still have the equipment (daylight tank, one half E-3 kit - and still have 400+ feet of Ektachrome-X (64) film too). Anyone know a source of E-3 chemicals?

Get on with the question! Ok. If you had to start new processing b&w sheet film, what would you recommend? I don't particularly like the tray idea but I have a second, windowless bath that would work for a darkroom. I'm open to suggestions and plan a trip to Seattle (Glazer's) to get the prices on things, so a checklist would be cool. And yes, I'm researching photo.net and books too.

And yes Frank, I've taken some shots already with the Horseman to learn processing if that's the reality, realizing the advantages of that for variability of exposure, developement and testing, but it's also why I quit darkroom work 30+ years ago too.