Thread: source for 8x10 Nagaoka

source for 8x10 Nagaoka

I am looking for a source(s) for new and/or used 8x10 Nagaoka(or similarly price d camera of same weight)field camera in the US. Any suggestions?

source for 8x10 Nagaoka

The F Stop in Santa Barbara, Midwest Photo, Lens and Reprographics, pick up a Shutterbug magazine or get a View Camera Magazine. Nags and Tachi's are around at very reasonable prices and are quite functional cameras. james

source for 8x10 Nagaoka

Tachihara, Nagaoka and Wista 8 x 10 are the same cameras (Bromwell as well). Have a look around the net and buy the double rather than the triple extention. Good luck1

source for 8x10 Nagaoka

For the record, just in case anyone comes browsing through these old messages -

The Wista and double-extension Tachihara appear to be the same camera. However, the triple-extension Tachihara is different, and the Nagaoka 8x10 cameras are also different. I'm aware of at least two versions of the Nagaoka, an older one (which I have) which is a larger version of the familiar old Ikeda/Nagaoka 4x5 design, and a newer one which looks different. Both of these Nagaoka 8x10's are quite a bit lighter than the Wista/Tachihara (around 8 lb. vs. around 10) and the ranges of adjustment on the available movements are different as well.