Thread: Ebay Fraud

Ebay Fraud

I just received an e-ail from someone who bought one of the View Camera CDs on Ebay. When he received it he realized it was a bootlegged copy. I am trying to track down the seller as this is illegal. I am also going to notify Ebay.

steve simmons

PS

just added.

The sellermay live in Bend, OR
    Last edited by steve simmons; 8-Dec-2006 at 09:15. Reason: new information

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: Ebay Fraud

Also contact the FBI and Postal Inspector. I believe they are interested in knocking down these types of counterfeit rings. Good luck!

E bay does not care, just look at the many sellers offering knock off things like MOnt BLanc pens, Rolex "replicas", etc, etc.....they might pull the ad the one time but certainly wont care to do anything about the seller...

Steve... no single author of software goes after fraud on ebay. They all do it through VERO and the Business Software Alliance (google it). Hopefully you're not too small to join the fray. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Gasteazoro View Post
    E bay does not care, just look at the many sellers offering knock off things like MOnt BLanc pens, Rolex "replicas", etc, etc.....they might pull the ad the one time but certainly wont care to do anything about the seller...

Jorge,

I couldn't concur more with you... it seems that they really don't care as long as they get their cut!

Counterfeit Mont Blanc pens galore!

Cheers
    Life in the fast lane!

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

Not to mention the counterfeit U.S. coins in the coin section. For certain U.S. coin designs, like trade dollars, at least half of them on E-Bay are counterfeit. Of course, counterfeiting U.S. coins is a Federal crime...
    Brian Vuillemenot

Go after them and nail the jerks. But on Mont Blanc pens... leave the counterfitters alone. Mont Blanc pens are terrible. Mine broke being dropped from the desk edge to a heavily padded carpet. Another broke in my pocket as I leaned over. Both cracked and broke on the barrel area. Mont Blanc won't warranty them, you have to buy a whole new piece for them. They are flimsy and won't hold up to normal use. Mont Blanc doesn't honor their warranties and their service is lousy as well. Overpriced and underdesigned--- big time!

Scott Davis

TLGG1-

What model of Mont Blanc did you have that failed? One reason why Mont Blanc is very dodgy about their warranty service is that there ARE so many fakes, some of them quite convincing, that they are skeptical when a pen comes in for warranty repair. They did go through a period of poor quality control when they started trying to make production equal demand, instead of raising prices to keep demand equal to supply. They've kind-of fixed that now. Also, as a suggestion, I'd try sending the pen in for service through an authorized dealer, and not directly yourself.

Better yet, get a true pen snob's pen, and not a nouveau-riche poseur of a pen. An OMAS or a Montegrappa, or even a Visconti will set you apart from the hoi polloi. I'm most partial to Montegrappas and OMAS's, having four OMAS, five Montegrappas, and three Viscontis in my collection. Only two Mont Blancs - the obligatory 149, which I got lucky and found in the used case at my local pen dealer with a left-handed italic nib (I'm a lefty), and a Herbert Von Karajan limited-edition commemorative. I use the 149 sometimes, for signatures or addressing greeting cards. My favorite pens for writing with a fountain pen are my OMAS with their flex-point nibs. The flex-point nib gives a variable line thickness as you write, and they have more bounce so they are more comfortable to use. When I got my OMAS 360 (their ergonomic three-sided pen), they custom fit the nib for me, putting in a flex-point, and also rotating it to align with a side instead of the point, as that was a more comfortable and natural arrangement for me. All that under warranty.