Thread: insurance. . . .Boston, MA

insurance. . . .Boston, MA

Hey,

So after gettin a semi-automatic shoved in my eyeball last week and my wallet ($2.00 total) taken I decided that maybe I should look into some insurance--obviously my neighborhood isn't so safe.

I've never had anything other than car insurance so I'm not exactly sure what to look/ask for. Would renters insurance cover my cameras when I'm out taking picts? etc.

I'm wondering if anyone has recommendations on who to talk to in the Boston, MA area (Mass seems to have weird rules for insurance).

Also, I'm not pro. I'm a student. I'd like to get my gear covered for theft and damage and from stuff like someone tripping over my tripod and trying to sue me.

Thanks

T

Re: insurance. . . .Boston, MA

Sorry to hear about your roberry. I guess Boston isn't as safe as I once thought.

As for insurance, you should hyave a renters policy as basic insurance. If you were to have a fire, theft, etc, any losses would have to be covered by this policy. Even though your landlord may have a policy covering the building and liability, etc it doesn't cover your belongings. So make sure you start there.

Specific items can be covered by a rider on the policy. Cameras and other photo items that are high value (as well as jewelry, etc) should have specific mention in a rider on the basic policy. There is probably a slight extra cost and there might be some requirement for an appraisal, but the cost is minor.

Dan