I am looking for all the advice I can get. I just purchased a colorgetter 2 drum scanner on e-bay. It has both the main unit and the controller. It also has 2 drums, mounting station and cables. The seller is down sizing a studio and has not used this scanner in several years. He thinks there is a problem with the power supply but he is not sure. I also found and purchased another colorgetter 2 (main unit with no controller) that has been broken down to sell off as parts. All parts are there but in pieces.

This may be one of the dumber things I have done but I hope it all works out.

So I have lots of questions. I have no idea how to operate a drum scanner. Is there a good book on the subject? Do any of you know of a source for a manual for the colorgetter? I have all pc equipment, do I need a mac and if so which one and how much ram. I know Image print makes a program called colorright. Is this the best way to control the scanner? The controller has a floppy disk in the drive.

I know I will probably have a million more questions, feel free to weigh in with answers to ones I have not asked. Also fell free to tell me this was a knuckle headed move.

Thanks