Thread: Durst accessories needed

Durst accessories needed

In what I call "the digital fallout", one-after-another dirt-cheap Durst enlarger has crossed my path over the last year. Being incapable of resisting incredible and affordable deals —whether I really need them or not—, I now have a few enlargers which are strewn all over the place. Unfortunately, each of them lack this, that, or the other thing. HELP!

For an M700 I need 6x4.5cm, 6x7cm and 6x9cm neg masks. For an M605, 6x4.5cm and 6x6cm masks, and a 6x4.5 mask for an F60.

Can someone please tell me where I might find all of these Durst accessories without having to spend hours scouring the East Bay-based web-auction-site?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Best,

Christopher
    Last edited by Christopher Nisperos; 13-Oct-2006 at 18:28.

Re: Durst accessories needed

The price will undoubtedly be high but Jensen probably has what you need. Beyond that Stonemills handled Durst...I don't know their current status since they have been selling parts on Ebay for several years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Miller View Post
    ...Jensen probably has what you need. Stonemills handled Durst...
    Thanks Donald. I'll check out Stonemills (first I've heard of them, so double thanks!). Jensen may have it, but at the prices I've seen on his site, it wouldn't be worth it for these inexpensive enlargers ... unless I get desperate.

Best,

Christopher

Last edited by Christopher Nisperos; 14-Oct-2006 at 04:15.

Hi Christopher,
    I just read your note and perhaps I can help. I live in Bolzano, a small city in northern Italy which is only some 25 miles south of Bressanone, the town in which Durst has its headquarters. I know that they still have lots of accessories in stock and I can inquire about prices for the items you mention. Cheers, Duschan

You might try contacting Barry Neuhard at info@neuhardassociates.com as he seems to have quite a bit of durst inventory and sells on ebay.
    Stand up guy as I have purchased several durst items from them.
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover"
    August Rodin

My Now old Photo Site

Quote Originally Posted by mq57user View Post
    Hi Christopher,
    I just read your note and perhaps I can help. I live in Bolzano, a small city in northern Italy which is only some 25 miles south of Bressanone, the town in which Durst has its headquarters. I know that they still have lots of accessories in stock and I can inquire about prices for the items you mention. Cheers, Duschan
    Hello Duschan,

Thank you for your kind offer. I know very well about Bolzano/Bolzen because I was in fact a Durst tech rep in the 1970's. Unfortunately (or fortunately), I've since forgotten all the code names for the accessories!

I've already checked their website for remaining stock, (http://www2.durst.it/shop/start.asp) and it seems quite scarce. If you find more than what is listed, feel free to pm me at chrisnisperos@yahoo.com.

Thanks again. By the way, is "Dushan" the Czech name, "Du^san", phonetically spelled? Just curious.

Best,

Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by matthew blais View Post
    You might try contacting Barry Neuhard at info@neuhardassociates.com as he seems to have quite a bit of durst inventory and sells on ebay.
    Stand up guy as I have purchased several durst items from them.
    Hi Matthew,

Thanks a million. I appreciate the address and your credibilty reference! His list of Durst stuff indeed has a few of the things I need, but not all. I've just sent him an email to find out if there are more items hiding in the corners of his stockroom. I'll tell you how it goes.

Best,

Chris

?§\atthew blais;189039]You might try contacting Barry Neuhard at info@neuhardassociates.com as he seems to have quite a bit of durst inventory and sells on ebay.
    Stand up guy as I have purchased several durst items from them.[/QUOTE]

Hello Matthew,

Here's the response I got from Barry Neuhard. While he didn't have what I'm looking for, I appreciate his professionalism:

-- Barry Neuhard <barry@neuhardassociates.com> wrote:

Hello Christopher:

Thank you for your inquiry about the negative masks for your Durst enlargers.
    I am sorry to say that I do not have any of the masks you are looking for. There are times I do get items in from lab sales, but I do not think I have anything happening in the next several months. I will keep your request on file and if I should come across any of these masks, I will let you know.

Thank you again for your inquiry.

Best Regards,
    Barry Neuhard
    Visit our web site: www.neuhardassociates.com
    ========

Hi Christopher,thanks for the reply. I shall be happy to get in touch with Mr. Wieser on Monday and hear what he has to say. As to the name, my origins are from Montenegro and, yes, you are correct about the spelling. But since I was born in Germany, the name was spelled as you see it now. Best regards, Duschan

Quote Originally Posted by mq57user View Post
    Hi Christopher,thanks for the reply. I shall be happy to get in touch with Mr. Wieser on Monday and hear what he has to say. As to the name, my origins are from Montenegro and, yes, you are correct about the spelling. But since I was born in Germany, the name was spelled as you see it now. Best regards, Duschan
    AH! MONTENEGRO!! I have been told —and from the photos I've seen— the whole country is like an unbelievably beautiful national park! (OK...most of it) It looks to be a large-format photographer's paradise. I suppose you have been there? Please keep it a secret .. I want to be one of the first to do an Ansel-treatment on the country (although someone like Eliot Porter might be more appropriate to emulate, in view of all the colors I've seen there! For example, multicolored wildflowers spread over rolling hills for kilometers... as far as the eye can see. Wow.)

Thanks for speaking to Mr. Weiser on my behalf. Perhaps you can ask him if he knew my old contact at the factory, Willy Pramstaller?

Best,

Christopher
    Last edited by Christopher Nisperos; 21-Oct-2006 at 17:53.