Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Irvine Ranch

Irvine Ranch

What photographic opportunities are there at the Irvine Ranch Land Preserve (near Fresno?)? I have an opportunity to go there next month.
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

Re: Irvine Ranch

Unless I miss my guess (certainly likely), Irvine Ranch is in The OC.

What do you know about it?
    Thanks,
    Kirk

at age 73:
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep,
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep"

I haven't seen that much of it. About 50,000 acres. Pretty unspoiled once you get away from the developed part of the Irvine Ranch, as I recall. Lots of hiking trails. You can get a better idea from their website. irvineranchlandreserve.org, I believe.
    Last edited by DavidFisk; 29-Aug-2006 at 21:40.

Kirk, I have lived on Irvine Ranch since 1972.Its in Orange County, half way between LA and San Diego.If you come down this way let me know, and I'd be glad to show you around for a day.Though we'd have to take your ride/rental ride as my Jeep is once again in transformation mode.Here is a shot of a migrant farm workers home right smack dab on the railroad tracks about a mile from my house.Shot with 35mm not LF

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Gittings
    What photographic opportunities are there at the Irvine Ranch Land Preserve (near Fresno?)? I have an opportunity to go there next month.

Chris, your image must have been taken the moment you moved to Irvine. In 2006, I don't think you could find a house within 20 yards of the tracks, along with a dirt road and non-electric RR Xing signal. I like the photo though.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

I had the same reaction as Joel... but on reflection perhaps you can find similar at the rail station in San Juan Capistrano.

Brian, Los Rios St. in SJC does have some nice old houses along the track. It is a historic site so the houses shouldn't change much in the years to come.

Ooops, I fogot the image details only appear when you view it directly from pbase.Yes not only is that house gone, but so are those tracks.It was shot off of Myford road and Bryan in about the mid 70's.Irvine sure ain't as photogenic as it used to be thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Brown
    Chris, your image must have been taken the moment you moved to Irvine. In 2006, I don't think you could find a house within 20 yards of the tracks, along with a dirt road and non-electric RR Xing signal. I like the photo though.

Michael E. Gordon

Great photograph, Chris!