Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: E-Bay Fraud- Help!

Doug Dolde

Re: E-Bay Fraud- Help!

I just noticed a new kind of Ebay fraud. Using an obviously hijacked account, the seller posts a note: For Details Click Here. When you click here it shows an Ebay login page, ie username and password. They are going to harvest your data if you bite.

lazy retired bum

This fascinating thread led me to cancel my paypal account. It WAS linked to my bank account. Since I have purchased only two items, a negative carrier and a book, a total of less than $75 over a number of years, I'll not likely miss it.

Eric

Is that a Hassleblad? Brian Vuillemenot's Avatar

A few updates- E-Bay e-mailed me the sellers phone number, which I called, and got a business somewhere in California (the seller was from Texas)- big surprise. I reported it to the post office, my bank, and the Internet Crime Complaint Center (maintained by the FBI), but have not yet heard anything. Understandably, in this messed up world that we live in, a guy getting ripped off several hundered bucks by an anonymous criminal is not at the top of the priority list. I have yet to get a real, not form, e-mail from E-Bay, although I can apply for a refund of up to $175.00. Just be careful everyone on E-Bay, because the scams get more and more insidious, and it's quite nebulous whose juristiction this type of crime falls under, so scumbags who perpetrate them can get away with it!
    Brian Vuillemenot