Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Super Trekker Fit a Canham 8x20?

Super Trekker Fit a Canham 8x20?

After recently taking delivery of a Canham 8x20 back to compliment my 8x10 wooden camera, I am looking for a pack that will allow me to carry the 8x20 into the field. I know that a Canham 7x17 will fit in the Super Trekker but I wanted to know if it will accept the 8x20 before I consider acquiring one.

Any other alternatives I should consider? I prefer a front zipper opening and solid shoulder straps. A hip belt is another nice feature.

My thanks in advance,

Cheers!

Re: Super Trekker Fit a Canham 8x20?

What are the dimensions of the 8x20? I have a Super Trekker.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Crider
    What are the dimensions of the 8x20? I have a Super Trekker.
    My Canham 8x20 measures 25 to 26" long, 14" wide and about 7" deep.

Michael

I think it will fit (that other 8x20 you had fits in my Super Trekker). The real issue is that it pretty much fills it up. There are external pouches down each side which can be used for holding a whole bunch of lenses. There is also an accessory pack which you can strap onto the Super Trekker (I think it is supplied with the Super Trekker) for other odds and end. The pack has a tripod holder, but I find it much easier to carry the tripod in one hand, holders (in a holder bag) on the other hand and pack on the back.

My Super-Trekker measures: 7 deep by 15 wide by 22-23 long.

It appears that there may be another more "modern" version of the Super Trekker that is a big larger than previous models. I will probably have to call the factory and speak with a rep to find out. When I do I will post.

Cheers!

Michael

The Korona measures 15X24X6 - it fits fine. As you loose width, you can squeeze in extra lengh, which is why I am fairly sure your Canham should fit. 7 inch depth is no problem.

Eric Biggerstaff

Michael,

You should check out the Lightware products ( I think www.lightware.com) as their pack may be a good fit for you. I recently went down to their office here in Denver to look at their products and was very impressed. In many ways I like their pack better than the Lowe products ( which I have owned several of). Also, since their manufacturing facility is here in Colorado they may be able to custom make you a pack - might be worth checking out.

Good luck.
    Eric Biggerstaff

www.ericbiggerstaff.com

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Biggerstaff
    Michael,

You should check out the Lightware products ( I think www.lightware.com) as their pack may be a good fit for you. I recently went down to their office here in Denver to look at their products and was very impressed. In many ways I like their pack better than the Lowe products ( which I have owned several of). Also, since their manufacturing facility is here in Colorado they may be able to custom make you a pack - might be worth checking out.

Good luck.
    Excellent suggestion Eric. I would be interested in doing a similar day trip to look at their equipment. I will check it out next week. My sincere thanks for the advice.

Cheers!

Because it was clearly the less expensive alternative, I ended up acquiring a Super Trekker and it bearly fits but it does fit.

Nice pack and Midwest took care of me as they always do.

Cheers!