Thread: I'm in love.....with a monster.

I'm in love.....with a monster.

I recieved my Green Monster today (Thanks, Jeff). Slapped her on the scale and confirmed that she is magnesium. Wow!!! She's been sitting up for a while, so she is smoothing out more and more as I play with her. By the time I aquire a lens she should be ready to go. I've read the Yates piece on the homepage about a thousand times and searched the forum.....any other reasources out there? Any tips or hints? Really I just wanted to share my excitment.

Re: I'm in love.....with a monster.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Rice
    I recieved my Green Monster today (Thanks, Jeff). Slapped her on the scale and confirmed that she is magnesium. Wow!!! She's been sitting up for a while, so she is smoothing out more and more as I play with her. By the time I aquire a lens she should be ready to go. I've read the Yates piece on the homepage about a thousand times and searched the forum.....any other reasources out there? Any tips or hints? Really I just wanted to share my excitment.
    I hear ya Jim, I've been lovin my black beast.I will probably switch to the green version when a minty crosses my path

Chris

Congrats, Jim. I'm sure you'll have great fun with it.

Great news! I'll have to smoke a cigar in honor of your new baby! Enjoy Her---savor every square inch of that 8x10 gg and she won't let ya down! A 14" Commercial Ektar makes a nice playmate.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

She's a big baby.

Beverly Hills, California

There's a sayng that goes something like, 'Don't love anything that can't love you back."

I feel your excitement, but it's only a Toyo.

Jim,
    I hope you have fun with your new camera. I used to own one, but, as I've posted here in the past, the weight (I had the black version) got to be a real desire killer for me. They are built like a tank, though.
    I've got an old 2D that hope to start using soon (as soon as I get a decent lens for it). It's much lighter, but probably not as solid as your green monster.
    Have fun.