Thread: How to store impressed sheets

How to store impressed sheets

I need your advice.
    I have two 8x10 Film holders and I can only develop the sheets every two months. In the meantime it happens that I have to take more than four sheets. How can I store the impresses plates without having to buy other film holders?
    Thanks
    Mario

Re: How to store impressed sheets

Empty film boxes. Ideally, transfer the exposed film to the black plastic that film comes in, and then store it in a film box.

Obviously, you have to do the transfer in total darkness which means that either you have access to a darkroom. If that's not possible, you can either hack something or use a changing bag. One approach I used was to temporarily convert an interior bathroom without a window into a darkroom by stuffing towels under the door.

John Olsen

Re: How to store impressed sheets

Quote Originally Posted by Louie Powell View Post
    Empty film boxes. Ideally, transfer the exposed film to the black plastic that film comes in, and then store it in a film box.

Obviously, you have to do the transfer in total darkness which means that either you have access to a darkroom. If that's not possible, you can either hack something or use a changing bag. One approach I used was to temporarily convert an interior bathroom without a window into a darkroom by stuffing towels under the door.
    Ditto on Louie's advice. But make sure you always put the sheets of film in a regular order and keep records of which exposure is next in the pile. Otherwise you'll have problems adjusting your developing times for individual sheets. Good luck.