Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: ECLIPSE Asignation

Re: ECLIPSE Asignation

Film is drying. I'm unhappy with my work. For various reasons. A real miss from me on the film front I think.

I edited my digital photo, and least my first pass:

I saw this pic on Instagram, I think it's one of the best eclipse photos I've seen by far:
    https://www.instagram.com/p/C5haH_yxc3f/

Obviously I'm a sucker for foreground.
    Bryan | Blog | YouTube | Instagram | Portfolio
    All comments and thoughtful critique welcome

I did a timelapse.. (in the link) 500 raw photos with my D810 with the intervalometer set for 10s... Used LR to batch bring up the shadows a little and apply lens correction, and export the Jpegs. Photoshop made the video from the Jpegs. I used Premier elements to fade in and put a title slide in.

I went out to photograph it because it was a nice day and was convenient. I didn't travel far. I went down to Marshall Point light house (forest gump fame) but the lawn was wrecked from a recent storm and people were starting to gather to enjoy the event. Then went to the location I picked out first, a working dock about 1/2 mile away because I thought boats would be nice in the foreground. Brought a photographer friend along, but also chatted with customers at the dock during the event.

https://www.facebook.com/jp498/videos/1466822577577234

Used the rugged Ries A series tripod Will W sold me for for my 8x10 and larger cameras and left the camera on it for an hour or so.

While using my Rolleiflex and L-208 light meter to take other photos while passing time, I noticed about 4 1/4 stops of light reduction from the eclipse; we are about two hours from the totality by driving... We don't measure driving distances by miles here, just time. My solar panel inverter in Rockland recorded a similar reduction in light; about 95%. It got cool, and the sun/air cast a shimmering dancing shadow on the pavement that was unphotographable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20240408_190527661.RAW-01.COVER.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	248862Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20240409-072203.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	248863

I most liked the 360 degree Sunset and Sunrise

Very strange

&

eerie
    Tin Can

Kingwood Eclipse Peacock Strut by Nokton48, on Flickr

My Wife took this one as we were waiting for totality of eclipse at Kingwood Gardens. He posed for us for quite a while, seemed to like our attention. A fun time
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Daniel I wonder if that peacock is a descendent of those at Kingwood I'd seen during my visits there with my grandparents back in the late 1950's/early 1960's? On my last visit there...1969 I think - so as a 14 year old (and shortly before my grandparents moved into a senior facility), I took a photo of one of those peacocks with 35mm Kodachrome, in full display as in your photo above...and enlarged this directly onto black and white paper, for a wonderful result, an image which then became a strong motivating force in my early pursuit of photography.

And oh my...the eclipse! As witness to totality here in Vermont on a basically clear day, along with a wonderful gathering of family (up from Boston, NY, and Providence)...I could not have asked for more!

Hi John, My guess would be these ARE direct descendants to those you've seen. I was told they have five on the estate, all males. They squawk so very loudly, they are trying to attract females. On our two previous trips here, they were behind fences, as they were doing MASSIVE construction. They even installed three new giant fountains, although they are not hooked up yet. What a fantastic wonderful place for photographic enjoyment!

Kingswood Gardens Hassy 30mm Distagon Fisheye 1 by Nokton48, on Flickr

Frog Pond, Kingswood Gardens, Mansfield Ohio. Kodak 70mm Surveillance Film, ADOX Borax MQ dev, Hasselblad 500C/M 30mm T* Distagon, Handheld exposure. Arista #2 8x10 Matte RC paper, Multigrade dev. Processed in 70mm Kindermann Dev Tank. Kodak Surveillance reminds me a lot of the older Tri-X emulsion. The sun was just out of the frame upper left corner. The circular garden works well with the Hassy Fishy lens. This was a fun shoot!
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

yes...a perfect setup for both a fisheye lens and a square format! Nice!