Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dry Plates

Dry Plates

Hi,

I just want to know if there is anywhere else to get dry plates other than Zebra. I tried looking it up and didn't find anything.

Re: Dry Plates

At the moment, Zebra Dry Plates are the only commercially available ones that I'm aware of.

ok, that's what I thought.thx

I have many holders in different sizes if anyone here is looking
    please send me a private message
    have a nice day!!
    Peter

Jason Lane has been my source for dry plates for years, but relocated recently and has not resumed production.
    Hopefully he'll be up and running again soon, but no recent updates to his blog.

Look what I found on Etsy:

Dry Plates

About a week
    Tin Can

multiplex

Looks like zebra is the only maker these days. while you wait for your shipment to arrive
    if you have clean glass, a bottle of liquid emulsion a darkroom you can coat your own it's really not as hard as you might think.

the light farm website and Denise Ross' books detail everything you will need to do to coat .. hardened sub layer ..
    (water down the liquid emulsion a little, and a smidgen of photo flo .. clean glass with washing soda so water "sheets" off of it .. keep glass warm while you free pour-coat or pour coat then wait for it to dry ) if you make small ones you can stick them in your durst m301 enlarger to enlarge them too .. a lot of people don't realize this but besides shooting dry plates, you can print on them too .. it's just paper emulsion.. as a univ. student pre-internet, self-taught. I was coating 11x14+ to print on which was more fun than shooting , endless possibilities, like coating your own paper ..
    good luck ! have fun !

Not so easy to cut glass to very close dims
    Tin Can

Quote Originally Posted by jim_jm View Post
    Jason Lane has been my source for dry plates for years, but relocated recently and has not resumed production.
    Hopefully he'll be up and running again soon, but no recent updates to his blog.
    Jason hasn't made any plates since mid-2022. A supply was available for a short while, but that dried up quickly. Seeing how we're now approaching two years sans J Lane plates I wouldn't be holding my breath. I truly hope Jason is doing well and that we see more of his plates...someday. I shot quite a few of his 4x5 and 8x10 plates and really liked the results.

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by Tin Can View Post
    Not so easy to cut glass to very close dims
    any glass shop will do that, Im buying dozens of 4x5, 5x7 and 8x10 sheets at a time, weighs a ton