Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebony Camera Bellows Support: Description or pictures requested

Re: Ebony Camera Bellows Support: Description or pictures requested

Thanks Monty, this is what I had pictured in my mind having seen the OP link with its photos of the bellows support as an “oh, by the way” and confirms the way that I thought that it was made. I assume that the thread at the end of the rod will tighten into the receptacle on the camera. Did the small screws (everything looks small next to your beautiful camera) that hold the support at the correct height have a knurl?
    Conrad

Thank you Monty! This is exactly what I need, and is enough for me to make a set of temporary (not adjustable) stand-ins until I can figure out how to make an adjustable one.

I am totally sympthetic to the slog... we miss seeing you in the Portland!

Bellows support vary, many cameras use bellows shortener with little hooks, which gather the the pleats

As I have a studio Deardorff 8X10 with very heavy OE naugahyde bellows they droop in a frown

I slide a closed cell soft block under it

It just 'floats'

DD BELLOWS SUPPORT by TIN CAN COLLEGE, on Flickr
    Tin Can

Zebra

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Greenberg Motamedi View Post
    Thank you Monty! This is exactly what I need, and is enough for me to make a set of temporary (not adjustable) stand-ins until I can figure out how to make an adjustable one.

I am totally sympthetic to the slog... we miss seeing you in the Portland!
    I'm glad the pictures were helpful. As to missing Portland trips, I'm right there with you! One of the downsides of the change was the movement to the fine folks that lived along the traveling circuit that I had come to know. I still fondly remember you and your family's kindness in opening up your home for a wonderful dinner!! When I make it back out there I'll make sure I alert you ahead of time and we can catch up more properly.

Monty

Zebra

Quote Originally Posted by Conrad . Marvin View Post
    Thanks Monty, this is what I had pictured in my mind having seen the OP link with its photos of the bellows support as an “oh, by the way” and confirms the way that I thought that it was made. I assume that the thread at the end of the rod will tighten into the receptacle on the camera. Did the small screws (everything looks small next to your beautiful camera) that hold the support at the correct height have a knurl?
    Conrad
    ha! As if my aging mind can remember the original little beggers! I've replaced those so many times you might as well ask me to remember the words to the Gettysberg Address!