Thread: Sinar F Lens Board & accessories on Sinar Norma

Sinar F Lens Board & accessories on Sinar Norma

I would like to know if I can use Sinar lensboard and the binocular viewer I use with my Sinar F can be used with a Sinar Norma. I am considering getting the latter for field work and couldn't find a definitive answer through a google search. Thanks in advance.

Re: Sinar F Lens Board & accessories on Sinar Norma

Quote Originally Posted by dizzymongoose View Post
    I would like to know if I can use Sinar lensboard and the binocular viewer I use with my Sinar F can be used with a Sinar Norma. I am considering getting the latter for field work and couldn't find a definitive answer through a google search. Thanks in advance.
    No problemo.

360mm f5.6 Schneider Componons matched pair 4x5 by Nokton48, on Flickr

The bail spring in the Norma is not as strong as the modern Sinars. My answer was (is) to use the elastic band that comes with the Reflex, and reset it so it holds the Norma Bail tightly, with the Reflex Viewfinder attached. Fits together like it was made for it I also like the Olde Baggy Bellows with Magnifier Loupe, that works great too, actually my fave with Norma.

In my setup above I'm using the bottom lens only for viewing. My best parts went together to build this TLR 4x5, shown with twin matching 360mm Schneider Componon lenses. The Norma Shutter is on top, the exposing section. So it works opposite of like a Gowlandflex. This makes a great Hollywood Cheesecake camera, I've seen them up for sale in Hollywood CA bundles.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 22-Feb-2024 at 17:12.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain

Thanks Daniel. Unfortunately my reflex viewer didn't come with an elastic band when I got it used. Hopefully I can DIY something.
    I also forgot to mention in my question that I also intend to use the Sinar Zoom roll film back with it. Guess that would be ok too.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzymongoose View Post
    Thanks Daniel. Unfortunately my reflex viewer didn't come with an elastic band when I got it used. Hopefully I can DIY something.
    I also forgot to mention in my question that I also intend to use the Sinar Zoom roll film back with it. Guess that would be ok too.
    Ive seen the elastic bands on Ebay if you want the Sinar clip-on thingee, I just drop it over the standard rods. You should be able to lock the Zoom Back in with the Graflock Clips on the Norma Back. Elastic works OK too. Since you have a modern Zoom back, you could also later consider trading out the Norma Spring Back for one of the more modern black spring backs, I've seen that done. It might integrate better with the Zoom? Using that back should cut down on weight. Whatever works.

Edit: I see you have an F Back, they are usually interchangeable. It has stronger bail springs if that is important to you.
    Last edited by Daniel Unkefer; 22-Feb-2024 at 13:45.
    Flikr Photos Here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/18134483@N04/

“The secret of getting ahead is getting started.”
    ― Mark Twain