Thread: Is Fujinon SWD 90mm f5.6 suitable for linhof master technica?

Is Fujinon SWD 90mm f5.6 suitable for linhof master technica?

- I bought the Fujinon SWD 90mm f5.6 lens and suddenly I started having doubts, will it fit my camera - linhof master technica?

- And how is the lens? I cant find any reviews

Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screenshot_2024-02-18-09-35-43-865_com.ebay.mobile.jpg   Screenshot_2024-02-18-09-35-30-121_com.ebay.mobile.jpg  

Re: Is Fujinon SWD 90mm f5.6 suitable for linhof master technica?

The Fujinon SWD 90mm f5.6 lens is an excellent lens, but on a Linhof Master Technika it is probably overkill. The image circle is 236mm, much larger than needed for the 4x5 format. You'll also need to very careful when mounting the lens - the rear cell has a 79mm diameter. The lip at the back of a Linhof Technika lens board has an inner diameter of 79-79.5mm. If this is a problem, you can find lens boards without the lip, or a thinner lip.

Kumar

I don't have experience with the Fuji SWD 90mm but I do have the Nikon SW 90mm + 75mm f4.5's and I had them put onto Linhof 'comfort board's' by Linhof.
    These board's are sunken and have a shutter release mechanism, aperture dial, and scale on the outside panel, allowing easy access and control. The rear lens elements fit easily into the MT and the bellows are not so tightly compressed.

Personally, if you're seriously into wide-angle, it could be an investment worth some consideration.

There were at least two versions of the SWD 90mm f5.6. That might make a difference for you, but probably not.

As mentioned, that might be more lens than you need. Fuji also made 90mm f8 lenses in the SW and NSW series that are physically smaller & lighter, and have smaller image circles.

http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/byfl.htm