Thread: Calumet 8x10 Polaroid Processor ? Who has experience?

Calumet 8x10 Polaroid Processor ? Who has experience?

I hope I posted this is nthe right forum. This is a unique question . I enjoy 8x10 polaroid and recently have been thinking of going more mobile with my outfit. This brings me to the Calumet 8x10 Polaroid processor. It is Very Expen$ive . No electricity needed. Yes I know polaroid 8x10 is expen$ive Bit that i sthe point. Will this wast my film?

But I would like to hear form photographers who have actual experience with this unique processor. Is it consistent? How does it work with the new polaroid films?

Thanks

Re: Calumet 8x10 Polaroid Processor ? Who has experience?

Having used the Polaroid electric and Calumet field processors extensively in the field I can honestly say the Calumets are a God-send. They work perfectly with real Polaroid, I can not say about the new iteration. Ive heard it tends to leak chems into the machine during processing but can not confirm.

Re: Calumet 8x10 Polaroid Processor ? Who has experience?

One thing I will strongly suggest, is getting your speed consistent, and make it quick. When you understand how quickly the electric processor pulls the sheets through, you have to basically match that to get even results, at least in my experience. Turning the handle too slowly is a recipe for inconsistent goo spread. Cleaning the rollers was not fun iirc. You can pull the roller racks out of the powered processor to clean the rollers.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...