Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: crappiest camera and lens what did you do with it?

multiplex

Re: crappiest camera and lens what did you do with it?

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    Does anyone NOT REMEMBER the internet early days of "Plungercam?" Some guy with a hasselblad. I wish the website was still up. My love of cheap cameras and lenses come from working in and studios. Everything was hyper real. Too real, too sharp. Then Zone VI started selling the Holgas. I was hooked back in 1988.

I remember one of my photographer friends back then, we were printing in a lab after work, and I said "hey great shots, is that a band?? Yah, I used my Holga in a club. Those guys are called "red hot chili peppers". Are they wearing....dick socks????" I wish she published those...

Even though I have fantastic lenses, I still have a love of the memory that images make. I guess seeing super tack sharp photos was a turnoff but it was for print production so we needed them sharp.
    I still have my Spiratone Portragon. And a real Diana not a recent copy.
    hey Eric, plungercam, that was Mark Tucker, pre Havana in the early days of the Ape-hug ..

Quote Originally Posted by jnantz View Post
    hey Eric, plungercam, that was Mark Tucker, pre Havana in the early days of the Ape-hug ..
    ding ding ding!!! That's it!!! You have a fantastic memory. Now I remember it...Tucker. Yep.
    --

multiplex

Quote Originally Posted by ericantonio View Post
    ding ding ding!!! That's it!!! You have a fantastic memory. Now I remember it...Tucker. Yep.
    glad I can help ... I remember stories of his tying camera's bellows up like a pretzel, and mixing batches ( for his polaroid 55 film ) of sulfite up in his blender and then making margaritas LOL
    he makes some impressive portraits is all I gotta say, no matter his methods!