Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: tripods and quality

Re: tripods and quality

Tiltalls are great. I have a mint old Leitz one I lucked out finding years ago. One downside though is they can't get low but they are one of the best options out there. I chopped off the head and put a Kirk ballhead on mine, plus some foam leg wraps. I only use it up to medium format though. For 4x5 I prefer my carbon Gitzo.

I agree with Drew and PRJ. The original head works perfectly for me, and is more versatile than a ballhead. Tiltall appears to be designed and built by engineer/photographers for photographer/engineers. However, I would much prefer buying an old original Tiltall than any recent import imitation version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    I agree with Drew and PRJ. The original head works perfectly for me, and is more versatile than a ballhead. Tiltall appears to be designed and built by engineer/photographers for photographer/engineers. However, I would much prefer buying an old original Tiltall than any recent import imitation version.
    An original would be nice but,, Its like buying any old piece of equipment.. if it doesnt work you are screwed out of cash. If you buy it new from B&H, and it doesnt work in the 90 day return period, you send it back