Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Paper safes

Re: Paper safes

If you have the space and you use more than one type of large paper you could look for a Stacking 4 or 5 Drawer Map Plan Flat File Cabinet. They are close to the dimensions of your paper and seem to be available through government surplus sites. Making them light proof if they aren't already may be an issue

Quote Originally Posted by phdgent View Post
    There is a light and easy to handle PVC material used to mount prints which is flame retardant, different thicknesses and should exist in black too, can be cut with a Staley knife, and glued together. We used to call it FOREX but that is the brand name...
    I believe that the material you are referencing is sintra board and it does come in black.
    Ron McElroy
    Memphis

Quote Originally Posted by Ron McElroy View Post
    I believe that the material you are referencing is sintra board and it does come in black.
    Aka foamed PVC board.

Roger

Quote Originally Posted by Gord Robinson View Post
    If you have the space and you use more than one type of large paper you could look for a Stacking 4 or 5 Drawer Map Plan Flat File Cabinet. They are close to the dimensions of your paper and seem to be available through government surplus sites. Making them light proof if they aren't already may be an issue
    Hi Gord. I do have stacking metal drawers in my lab, I have thought on how to do this , they are certainly big enough and made of metal

Quote Originally Posted by bob carnie View Post
    Hi Gord. I do have stacking metal drawers in my lab, I have thought on how to do this , they are certainly big enough and made of metal
    I would think you could make a light-tight box with a lid hinged halfway the fits in the drawer, maybe out of plastic/acrylic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieter View Post
    I would think you could make a light-tight box with a lid hinged halfway the fits in the drawer, maybe out of plastic/acrylic.
    I am going to investigate this , thanks

Blueprint cabinets
    Tin Can