Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Problems with my Wista RF! Any Wista experts out there?

Re: Problems with my Wista RF! Any Wista experts out there?

Tin Can and Paul, thank you for the kind words.

However, in all humility, this is not about trust or belief. I've been selling photo equipment for about 9 years now, and I average 10 Wista cameras annually. I can truly say they are designed and built well.
    Do Wista cameras have problems? Yes, they are tools, just like Sinar, Linhof and Arca Swiss. Without proper care and maintenance they will certainly develop problems. Most of these cameras are at least 25 to 30 years old. It is possible that your equipment has a problem that needs servicing.

Judging from the photo you provided, the 4x5 back seems to have considerable wear, in contrast to the sliding back.
    Can you show us some more and better photos of both your cameras showing front as well as rear views without the back in place? The forum software limits the size of the photos. It is better to use a link to an image hosting site that can display a large image.

Kumar

Start by cleaning the back, it's probably got a layer of grease and grime. Once cleaned it should fit better. Then sparingly add a dab of grease and rub it into the slot where the sliding locks fit. I use black Molly grease.

I have quite a few Linhof's (no Wistas - yet) and they are extremely well made - very precise. In fact sometimes too precise and not tolerant of small problems. If Wista is anything like Linhof in this regard then any small or almost imperceptible damage or mishandling will result in parts that don't' fit. Which might well be your issue.

Perhaps Laflexcamera in San Diego might be able to help you: https://www.laflexcamera.com/linhof-service-page