Thread: A Conversation with RICHARD RITTER: Ultra Large Format Camera Maker | Finding Eastwoo

A Conversation with RICHARD RITTER: Ultra Large Format Camera Maker | Finding Eastwoo

Tin Can

Re: A Conversation with RICHARD RITTER: Ultra Large Format Camera Maker | Finding Eas

thanks ! gonna bookmark it and come back to it after the holidays.
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Re: A Conversation with RICHARD RITTER: Ultra Large Format Camera Maker | Finding Eas

What a great video!

I'd like nothing more than to have Richard build me a couple of cameras...specifically a 5X7 and a 12X20 - and, oh...maybe also a whole plate and an 11X14.

And yes I also build cameras...some pretty nice ones in fact - but they are not Richard's cameras...and I really like his cameras! (would also like one or two of Hugo's cameras, and one or two of Keith's)

But alas...being retired and selling way less prints these days - I've got to be more careful with whatever cash I happen to have lying around.

Hmmm...maybe the next best thing would be to pay Richard a visit! Will see about doing this when the weather warms up...

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Hmmm...maybe the next best thing would be to pay Richard a visit! Will see about doing this when the weather warms up...
    Isn't that an oxymoron? Does it ever really get warm in Vermont?

(P.S. I lived in central VT for 18 years and I still vividly remember the year it snowed in July! We never got what I'd call a normal summer that year, even by VT standards.)

Actually the weather has been all over the place lately...with a solid snowpack as of early November almost completely gone by Christmas (sigh!) - and for the past couple of weeks its basically been rain, rain, rain! Ugh!

Drew Wiley

It snows every summer in California if you're high enough up. In fact the only month of the year I haven't been in a serious blizzard in the Sierras is July; but light snowfall, yes.

Summer snow in the West is not completely unusual, especially in the high plains of Wyoming or near the top of the Cascade volcanoes but snow in July in Vermont or anywhere east of the Mississippi is something else entirely!

Quote Originally Posted by John Layton View Post
    Actually the weather has been all over the place lately...with a solid snowpack as of early November almost completely gone by Christmas (sigh!) - and for the past couple of weeks its basically been rain, rain, rain! Ugh!
    My first year in Minnesota, back in the 70s, I was told this is not a normal winter. OK, I had no basis to disagree. 2nd year, same thing, this is not a normal winter. 3rd year, you get the idea.

Of course, now I've been here long enough that I'm the one to say this is not a normal winter - every single winter.

Drew Wiley

Reminds me of certain river bottom developers, who claimed their subdivisions were resistant to everything except a once in 500-year floods. Then a once in 500 years flood arrived six consecutive years in a row. After that, they built there again. Then a once in thousand year flood soon arrived.