Thread: Gallery showing - Bromoil photography

Gallery showing - Bromoil photography

I'm very happy to announce that I will be having gallery showing of my Bromoil photography for the month of January at the Stephen Baumbaugh Gallery in Palm Springs in southern California. If you live in or will be visiting SoCal next month, and want to come to see it, please let me know and I would be happy to meet up. I'm always interested in teaching interested photographers about The New Bromoil Process, and I do personnal hands on workshops here at my studio/darkroom in Palm Springs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	show announcement.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	244931

Re: Gallery showing - Bromoil photography

Congratulations, Dan!

multiplex

HI Dan

I wish I lived closer: Congratulations on your show!

John

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Dan, congratulations on the show! I wish I was closer too! Send me some pic's from the opening, I'd love to see the space.

Congratulation, Dan! Sadly I'm a bit too far north to see it. I hope you post pics of the opening, here. Enjoy!

The gallery opening reception of my bromoil work was a fun experience. In the 2 hours it was open, there must have been over 150 people come through and it was fun meeting and speaking with everyone. I have eight 16 x 20 bromoil prints there. Lot of people were really interested in what the Bromoil process is. Couple of the visitors actually recognized some of my images in Edinburgh and Wells. There were 2 other photographers there as well - one digital street/building scenes and one B/W digital still lifes of Calla Lillies. No sales that night, but the gallery director said there are rarely any sales at the receptions. In 2 weeks, I'm giving a bromoil inking demonstration at the gallery and the director said that demos normally go over really well. My work is up for the full month of January, they have a small display of my bromoil book for sale.

This is an interesting art place here in Palm Springs called the "Back Street Art District". Small strip mall sort of place with nothing but about a dozen artist studios and the one gallery that normally shows photography work.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20240103_170210a.jpg   20240103_170407a.jpg   20240103_171824a.jpg