Thread: 2024 Carbon Printing Workshop, Yosemite Valley, April 17th to 20th, 2024

2024 Carbon Printing Workshop, Yosemite Valley, April 17th to 20th, 2024

We are offering our Carbon Printing workshop again in 2024. Jim Fitzgerald and I will be taking 6 students on a carbon-based adventure, April 17th to the 20th, 2024, working out of Ansel's old darkroom in Yosemite Valley.

This is a darkroom intensive experience, with one to two opportunities to photograph with our 8x10 cameras to make negatives for use in the workshop. No large format camera experience is needed. The 8x10 cameras, film and processing is provided. Participants are also welcomed to bring their own cameras and/or negatives up to 8x10 in size. Our goal is to give you the information and experience needed to make carbon prints at home.

We limit the workshop to six participants. This gives the participants the time and space to make several prints, make printing adjustments, and to experiment with different printing material.

Housing in Yosemite is available. Space at the Yosemite Lodge is reserved for participants, but less expensive housing can be found in Curry Village (heated tents) and campgrounds. The weather in April is changable...sun, rain, snow, and dogwoods in bloom. A beautiful time to be in Yosemite Valley.

There is one space still available at this time.

https://shop.anseladams.com/products...rkshop-details

I will traveling in Japan until the end of January and will not be able to answer question until my return. My co-instructor, Jim, should be available through this forum for questions until I return.

Image -- Base of Bridalvail Falls, 8x10 carbon print
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BASE OF BRIDALVEIL FALLS.jpg  
    "Landscapes exist in the material world yet soar in the realms of the spirit..." Tsung Ping, 5th Century China

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: 2024 Carbon Printing Workshop, Yosemite Valley, April 17th to 20th, 2024

I know Vaughn and I love to teach this workshop. It is an incredible location for a workshop and I hope you can join us. Last April we had great weather and we even got some snow too! The image Vaughn posted is the image that he posted on this forum many years ago that got me started on my carbon printing journey almost 17 years ago. We would love to show you what we both love to do.

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: 2024 Carbon Printing Workshop, Yosemite Valley, April 17th to 20th, 2024

If anyone is interested in our workshop you should buy your Christmas present now! We have one spot left.