Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: print washer on folding table – engineering question

Re: print washer on folding table – engineering question

ALot of people make fun of the middle ages,,, but ive seen MANY 12x12 oak beams holding up stairs for 800 years with no issue. But ive seen engineered trusses collaps because a 300 pound guy jumped on them wrong.

Drew Wiley

You ARE behind the times ... doesn't sound like any engineered trusses I've seen used, except in flimsy tract homes. And could you personally afford even one 12X12 oak beam in this day and age? I do know people who can - but they're not exactly "middle class". I even sold special oversized circular saws and handheld power planers for working with those. Here lots of white oak heavy stock was used on dock and piers, then in recent decades, in the mansions of the ultra-wealthy. But 800 year-old beams - wow! Those must have a wonderful age patina on them.

FWIW I put my Versa-Lab washer on the Cement front stoop and drain the overflow into the Gardenias and Camillias under the cover of darkness on watering days, as we're still under draconian water restrictions here and I certainly don't want to receive any fan mail from the Water Witch.
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Drew Wiley

Think you are having problems with water? What about all those the salmon which one were, and are no more, in that River?

But speaking of jerry-rigging darkroom operations, I was watching a documentary today where a WWII photographer was describing developing film inside the helmets of soldiers in the trenches using the darkness of night.

I use a folding table for the baths (6 liters total) for around 10 years now.

I had to installed a fifth leg in the middle of the table because it was curving from the middle.

I don't want to change it... yet. The reason is, when I'll move into my first house (I hope 2024 is gonna be the year I'll find one), I'll build a darkroom as I want it to be.

Have a nice day!
    J-F

Quote Originally Posted by Drew Wiley View Post
    Think you are having problems with water? What about all those the salmon which one were, and are no more, in that River?

But speaking of jerry-rigging darkroom operations, I was watching a documentary today where a WWII photographer was describing developing film inside the helmets of soldiers in the trenches using the darkness of night.
    Those FSA photographers during the depression would develop in tiny motel bathrooms, and to wash film, they would tie the toilet flush handles open and place reels in bottom of toilet while water ran...

Steve K