Thread: How a Synchro Compur shutter actually works

How a Synchro Compur shutter actually works

I'm a big fan of Chris Sherlock's camera repair videos on YouTube https://www.youtube.com/c/ChrisSherlock/videos

He goes into great detail with shutter disassembly and re-assembly, but it always remained a mystery how the darned things actually worked.
    I was searching to find a description of the actual shutter functioning, to better help me understand what the different components are actually doing.
    The video above is short, but sweet, and answered so many of my questions. The voice is clearly that of Chris Sherlock, but that YouTube channel predates the current Chris Sherlock channel, and has a different name.
    I couldn't find that video on Chris's current channel, so I've posted it here for reference (and also on Photrio).

Since viewing that, and getting a better understanding, I've been able to take apart a couple of Rolleiflex shutters, and some large format lens shutters to fix various problems. That short video was the key.
    Repenting Sinar Blasphemer ... stonings at 11

Re: How a Synchro Compur shutter actually works

Great !

Re: How a Synchro Compur shutter actually works

The video is from his Retina Resque page. Much later he started his YouTube channel as we know it today.
    https://retinarescue.com/synch-comp-expl.html

As a Retina freak i follow him maybe around a decade and he was always there to help.
    Thank you Chris!