Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kodak Chemicals coming back under Photo Systems inc.

Kodak Chemicals coming back under Photo Systems inc.

I just read this announcement on John Sexton’s news letter. I would welcome the return of t-max rs!

On September 1, 2023 Photo Systems Inc. became the worldwide licensee for Kodak Professional chemistry. Prior to this time, Photo Systems Inc. manufactured photographic chemistry for Kodak Alaris, the film licensee that continues to operate today. Subsequently, when Kodak Alaris sold its chemical business to Sino Promise, we continued manufacturing chemistry for them.

In early 2023, Sino Promise decided to exit the chemistry business. This prompted us to begin the process of securing a licensing agreement directly from Eastman Kodak, enabling us to operate as both the licensee and manufacturer of Kodak Professional chemistry. We are pleased to announce that we recently successfully secured that agreement.

Currently, we are in the process of rebranding the products under the Kodak brand with Photo Systems Inc. as the licensee and manufacturer. Our plan is to reintroduce the entire range of black and white products by December 15, 2023, followed by the release of C-41, E-6, and RA-4 color products.

We are in the process of establishing a network of distributors worldwide and expect to begin exporting these products in the first quarter of 2024. The Kodak Professional chemicals brand has a long and rich history, and a reputation for excellent quality. It has garnered a dedicated and passionate following among analog photographic enthusiasts, and we are anticipating that the brand will be widely available in 2024.

Re: Kodak Chemicals coming back under Photo Systems inc.

Hard to trust KODAK
    Tin Can

now if they could bring back the syrupy HC 110, all will be better in the world, but that's dreaming I guess
    notch codes ? I only use one film...

Thanks for posting this. Just saw it in the latest John Sexton newsletter. That was nice to read. I only hope the demand is there,

Quote Originally Posted by Fred L View Post
    now if they could bring back the syrupy HC 110, all will be better in the world, but that's dreaming I guess
    Well, according to the announcement Photo Systems Inc. manufactured chemistry for Kodak Alaris and Sino Promise respectively. The new HC-110 as well it seems...

Quote Originally Posted by Michael R View Post
    Thanks for posting this. Just saw it in the latest John Sexton newsletter. That was nice to read. I only hope the demand is there,
    That's the bottom line, unless there is adequate demand this supply line will go away also. I plan to go back to many of the Kodak Chemicals as they become available, hopefully many others will too.

Is this the photo business equivalent of reintroducing the Yugo car as he Guyo?
    ” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

I decided to send Photo Systems a note suggesting it *might* be a good idea (I ain’t no ad man) to re-introduce the 1l packets for the powdered chemicals which went away more recently. Otherwise just speaking for myself I won’t be able to go back to Dektol or D-76. In my opinion one of the things Ilford as well as companies cloning Kodak powder chemicals have over the Kodak branded chemicals is 1l packs. Of course I could be out in left field but surely if I find gallons unwieldy there must be others similarly turned off.

Quote Originally Posted by John Brady View Post
    That's the bottom line, unless there is adequate demand this supply line will go away also. I plan to go back to many of the Kodak Chemicals as they become available, hopefully many others will too.

Kodak Chems To Become Available Again

From the current John Sexton newsletter quoting the new licensee for Kodak chems:

On September 1, 2023 Photo Systems Inc. became the worldwide licensee for Kodak Professional chemistry. Prior to this time, Photo Systems Inc. manufactured photographic chemistry for Kodak Alaris, the film licensee that continues to operate today. Subsequently, when Kodak Alaris sold its chemical business to Sino Promise, we continued manufacturing chemistry for them.

In early 2023, Sino Promise decided to exit the chemistry business. This prompted us to begin the process of securing a licensing agreement directly from Eastman Kodak, enabling us to operate as both the licensee and manufacturer of Kodak Professional chemistry. We are pleased to announce that we recently successfully secured that agreement.

Currently, we are in the process of rebranding the products under the Kodak brand with Photo Systems Inc. as the licensee and manufacturer. Our plan is to reintroduce the entire range of black and white products by December 15, 2023, followed by the release of C-41, E-6, and RA-4 color products.

We are in the process of establishing a network of distributors worldwide and expect to begin exporting these products in the first quarter of 2024. The Kodak Professional chemicals brand has a long and rich history, and a reputation for excellent quality. It has garnered a dedicated and passionate following among analog photographic enthusiasts, and we are anticipating that the brand will be widely available in 2024.
    Silver Photographers Never Die, They're Just Getting Fixed

My Stuff: https://www.tundraware.com/Photography
    Reference Material: https://photoarchive.tundraware.com/

Re: Kodak Chems To Become Available Again

Wonderful. Now the load of E6 in the freezer, including 135, 120/220, 4x5 and 8x10 will be happy again.

Why is the other thread so down on this news??
    Last edited by linhofbiker; 15-Nov-2023 at 09:14.