Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Formulary - Contact

Formulary - Contact

Does anyone know of an alternative way of contacting the Photographer's Formulary other than by their email ?
    I ask because I enquired with them a couple of weeks ago, before ordering a package. I didn't get a reply, but eventually just ordered the ( Pyro ABC ) dev package anyway.
    Now I have a problem with what they sent, but have got no reply to my communication so far.
    It seems likely to me that my email is either being blocked or going to Spam, has anyone outside of the US had any problems like this ?

Photographer

Re: Formulary - Contact

(800) 922-5255 is their toll free number.
    Last edited by Keith Pitman; 7-Nov-2023 at 06:56.
    Keith Pitman

I just spoke to them by phone this morning here (I live in the US), to discuss a problem I had yesterday (Sunday night) and again this morning (Monday, a business day) completing and paying for an order online. They took my order verbally over the phone, and told me that they have "lost" their IT person so one of the administrative staff is trying to sort through those issues as they come up. I don't know anything about whether there are any issues for them to receive and reply to emails, but I was able to call them and speak to the right person to sort out my issue.
    ... JMOwens (Mt. Pleasant, Wisc. USA)

"If people only knew how hard I work to gain my mastery, it wouldn't seem so wonderful at all." ...Michelangelo

Thanks for the comments. I'm hesitating to ring the US number because it's unlikely to be 'toll free' from the UK, and the cost might outweight the correction I would like them to make.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark J View Post
    Thanks for the comments. I'm hesitating to ring the US number because it's unlikely to be 'toll free' from the UK, and the cost might outweight the correction I would like them to make.
    What were you hoping for in the way of a contact if email won't work and you don't wish to telephone them? Do you want to send them a letter by post? If so, their address, along with other phone numbers and an email address are clearly listed on their website under the "contact us" link. I quote:

"Photographers' Formulary Inc
    Po Box 950 / 7079 Hwy 83 N
    Condon MT 59826

For order inquiries, or website issues email us at formulary@blackfoot.net

call 406-754-2891 or 800-922-5255
    Fax: 406-754-2896"

I can't imagine what else you would want...

Doremus

I was wondering if anyone on the forum was from Formulary or has personal contact with them. On that basis JMO has been the most helpful so far.
    You have been the least helpful, least imaginative and the most rude, congratulations.

I was wondering if anyone on the forum was from Formulary or has personal contact with them. On that basis JMO has been the most helpful so far.
    You have been the least helpful, least imaginative and the most rude, congratulations.
    Not trying to be rude.

Unfortunately, the Photographers' Formulary does not have one of the partner fora over on Photrio, so unless someone there sees your post here, you may not get an response here. You could post over at Photrio and see if they see your post there.

I lived in Europe for 30+ years and did a lot of telephoning to North America. Rates are not nearly so high as they used to be. You may want to check that out.

Also, you can Skype for free to a phone number anywhere in the world. If you don't have Skype, you could certainly check that out too.

A fax to PF wouldn't cost much either, if you have a fax machine. It would take less than a minute. If you don't have a fax machine, copy shops often provide the service, though they charge for it. There are ways to fax from your computer as well, but you need to be connected to a phone line, I believe.

Personally, I'd fax if I had a machine and didn't want to pay for a longer call. Then again, I'd likely just call. Or maybe you have a friend here in North America that could place your call for you? Or you could try emailing again. I can't imagine that any serious company in this day and age would be without email communications for long.

Best,

Doremus

Mark,

My name is Darlene (Darr for short). I live in Florida and purchase from Formulary.
    If you would like to send me a PM with a message that I can read to Formulary over the phone, I will gladly do that for you.
    I am stuck at my desk today, and it will not be too much to do for a fellow photographer and Welshman (my great-grandpa came from Wales).
    Let me know, as it is 3 PM right now and 1 PM in Montana.

Kind regards,
    Darr

Thanks, yes, good advice, sorry I was snappy before - long day at work.
    I might risk phoning via Teams from work tomorrow - just after working hours.
    As you say, if they have email problems they should really get it sorted !

Oh sorry Darlene - just cross-posted.
    How kind of you, thanks.
    Yes, your timing here could be really good. I will send a short PM, just with the basic info about the problem.