Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ben-Q Monitors

Re: Ben-Q Monitors

I am looking for a display for my older Intel Madbook Pro and researching for a fully compatible BenQ model. My motivation is if I were to buy a PC desktop at some point the Apple Studio Display will not be compatible so a third party display makes more sense. If not then I’ll just get the Apple Studio Display.

I think the Apple Studio Display would still work fine with a suitable PC. I know the old Apple Thunderbolt Display is used with PCs to this day for instance. You just need a PC with Thunderbolt 4 / USB4.

Quote Originally Posted by Rayt View Post
    I am looking for a display for my older Intel Madbook Pro and researching for a fully compatible BenQ model. My motivation is if I were to buy a PC desktop at some point the Apple Studio Display will not be compatible so a third party display makes more sense. If not then I’ll just get the Apple Studio Display.
    If you are looking to use the monitor for photography/printing workflow then I would skip the apple studio displays - NEC/spectraview, Eizo, and Ben Q all have the ability to do hardware/sorfware calibration so you can choose all the parameters for your monitor (white point, contrast, brightness etc...) and then profile it. In the end I chose the Ben Q and the Pallette Master - it was the best value (comes with a hood). There is a great resource on YT - ArtisRight who details all of BQ monitors and Pallette master workflow - he'll take you as deep into the weeds as you want to go - I've had the monitor (SW270c) for 3 years now, it's excellent - spent the summer printing my exhibition for the Morris-Jumel mansion museum, went without a hitch.
    http://brucekatzphoto.com

Original join date 2008...

My monitor is way too old - great to get info like this.
    Thanks fopr posting

Serge

I've heard lots of good things about Ben-Q monitors!
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Mr. Polusen, Mr Dunn---My initial question some time ago caused you to respond, and now I have another question.

When printing, when using PS, in setting up the particulars of doing a print, (using a Benq 272Q), in the "Color Handling" selection, do you use, "photoshop as the printer" or other, and in the Paper Profile do you use a specific paper or the monitor Benq?

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Raymond Bleesz View Post
    Mr. Polusen, Mr Dunn---My initial question some time ago caused you to respond, and now I have another question.

When printing, when using PS, in setting up the particulars of doing a print, (using a Benq 272Q), in the "Color Handling" selection, do you use, "photoshop as the printer" or other, and in the Paper Profile do you use a specific paper or the monitor Benq?

Thank you
    Color Handling>Photoshop manages colors
    Printer Profile > Paper profile (specific paper profile)
    http://brucekatzphoto.com

Original join date 2008...

I have a 31" Apple monitor on my PC - works fine. But I use the 31" NEC next to it for Photography/Graphics/Video etc. I generally set things up so images are on the NEC and menus etc on the Apple. One of these days I'll add a third large display - used to have two of the Apple 31" units but one died so I'm down to two displays.