Quote Originally Posted by Rayt View Post
I am looking for a display for my older Intel Madbook Pro and researching for a fully compatible BenQ model. My motivation is if I were to buy a PC desktop at some point the Apple Studio Display will not be compatible so a third party display makes more sense. If not then I’ll just get the Apple Studio Display.
If you are looking to use the monitor for photography/printing workflow then I would skip the apple studio displays - NEC/spectraview, Eizo, and Ben Q all have the ability to do hardware/sorfware calibration so you can choose all the parameters for your monitor (white point, contrast, brightness etc...) and then profile it. In the end I chose the Ben Q and the Pallette Master - it was the best value (comes with a hood). There is a great resource on YT - ArtisRight who details all of BQ monitors and Pallette master workflow - he'll take you as deep into the weeds as you want to go - I've had the monitor (SW270c) for 3 years now, it's excellent - spent the summer printing my exhibition for the Morris-Jumel mansion museum, went without a hitch.