Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY Drop Down Table + wall mount Durst 1200 Laborator

DIY Drop Down Table + wall mount Durst 1200 Laborator

Hi all,

I have a bench top Durst Laborator 1200 that I am hoping to mount on the wall ** I've read there was a wall mount kit, but have yet to find anything about it online. Has anyone had experience in doing so?

Secondly, as an alternative option, (to maximise my image size) I was considering building a drop down bench, again hard to find (I'm in Australia, not a lot of equipment made it here or survived the digital revolution). Has anyone made their own or has any tips?

Cheers

Re: DIY Drop Down Table + wall mount Durst 1200 Laborator

Welcome to the Forum from Scotland!

There was a wall-mount kit for the L1200 called Femowall.

They appear to be very rare and even more expensive when they do appear.....usually along with hen's teeth!

Mike

I don't know if you're aware, but it's possible for the head of your L1200 enlarger to be rotated 90° in order for the image to be projected onto a wall. There's usually a red handle on the right hand side and naturally take care.

I see one for $949 plus the same amount of shipping?

Looking at the manual it might be a top and a bottom fixed to a wall mount.

Looks like it can be done with 80120- t-slot?

Edit:
    Long enough and it can be repositionable

This one is complete but there are often just the top and bottom for sale...
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/165641986...Bk9SR9bFiMTgYg

I hung a Beseler XLV on my wall with huge/long modern lag screws

with a prior owners' 8x10 conversion

The set is very versatile
    Tin Can

I went through the same thing. The Durst wall mount is $1000+ and $750+ used. Projecting sideways is the best solution for your back and overall image manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Riesling Freak View Post
    Secondly, as an alternative option, (to maximise my image size) I was considering building a drop down bench, again hard to find (I'm in Australia, not a lot of equipment made it here or survived the digital revolution). Has anyone made their own or has any tips?
    I once bought someone's Beseler 45 enlarger mounted onto a Beseler drop table.

The enlarger was mounted on the back part of the table, and the top part for the easel level lifted out and slid into multiple pairs of supports to set the different levels.

It was constructed of metal, but the same design concept could be applied to a wood table and built locally.

For details of the Beseler one, see: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...e_for_45M.html

Hope that helps,

Len

...just make sure that the wall to which you are mounting your enlarger is stable - and not subject to house or utility (furnace, water pump, etc.) vibrations.

My recommendation would be that, if possible (and assuming that your darkroom is located in a basement or ground floor) to cut around flooring material and rest your enlarger bench legs on solid concrete (sealing the gap around the legs with flexible tape), and make sure that the rest of your lab bench is completely free of contact from surrounding structures.

I had once made a wall mount for the Durst Pro; took some time but straightforward enough to make and to mount on the wall.
    Use good quality plywood (five plies, not three) and double it; that is, glue two pieces together so that it will be about the same thickness as the original baseboard. Make sure that the 90-degree angle is actually 90-degrees.
    It’s a little time consuming to install a wall mount (regardless of who made it); it must be level, front-to-back, side-to-side, to where your easel will sit.