Thread: Linhof Technika V Front Standard Slides

Linhof Technika V Front Standard Slides

My first standard slides on the bed regardless of whether I pinch the levers. Looking at the mechanism I can't really tell where it's supposed to add tension. Is there a fix for this? It seems looser as it is closer to the body and has better holding as it approaches the end of the bed.

Thanks!

Re: Linhof Technika V Front Standard Slides

Quote Originally Posted by sperdynamite View Post
    My first standard slides on the bed regardless of whether I pinch the levers. Looking at the mechanism I can't really tell where it's supposed to add tension. Is there a fix for this? It seems looser as it is closer to the body and has better holding as it approaches the end of the bed.

Thanks!
    Yes on the base of the front standard slide there is a screw in the middle which can be loosened and the eccentric washer (hole is off center) it holds can be adjusted to create more or less tension for the rail gripping.

Would that adjustment also solve the front standard having some rotational play when the levers are pinched? I get unintended swing in my photos if I'm not very careful when pulling the standard out onto the rail.

Quote Originally Posted by devb View Post
    Would that adjustment also solve the front standard having some rotational play when the levers are pinched? I get unintended swing in my photos if I'm not very careful when pulling the standard out onto the rail.
    one side of the base slides to release the grip when the knobs are pinched together. Increasing the amount of grip may hopefully solve your problem.

It is also possible that a section of your base is damaged chipped/broken, check the edges that contact the rails for any damage.

Grip tension is increased by moving the thicker portion of the eccentric washer against the release lever.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mt front standard base.jpg 
Views:	14 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	247078
    Last edited by Embdude; 25-Feb-2024 at 21:34.

That doesn't solve it, unfortunately. Thank you for the advice though, I was unaware of the eccentric washer.